AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 29 JANUARY 2014 15:00 UTC
Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
recommended. Or call in using your telephone.
Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 1944
Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0034
Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 9321
Canada: +1 (647) 977-5956
Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 80 05
Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746
France: +33 (0) 182 880 780
Germany: +49 (0) 892 2061 159
Ireland: +353 (0) 15 290 180
Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 58
Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267
New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358
Norway: +47 21 54 32 44
Spain: +34 911 23 0850
Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 612
Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0006 96
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0611
United States: +1 (773) 945-1031
Access Code: 714-594-514
Meeting ID: 714-594-514
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Additions to the calendar:
Review of Atlantic call minutes
Review of Pacific call minutes
Membership status review
- voting status is determined by the following:
- existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
maintain voting status
- non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
- current voting member list (alphabetical):
- Oriol Bausa
- Kenneth Bengtsson
- Jon Bosak (secretary)
- Kees Duvekot
- G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
- Ole Madsen
- Tim McGrath (co-chair)
- Andy Schoka (TSC chair)
- what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
in the work?
UBL 2.1 Status
- member review of the proposed submission of UBL 2.1 to ISO/IEC JTC 1
begins 3 December 2013:
- Hopefully Andy Schoka will give an ISO update
UBL TC next steps
- what promotional issues need to be addressed?
- UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown
- what do we do for implementation support?
- should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
- industry-specific documentation?
- make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
- what about updating the International Data Dictionary?
- who can we find to help with this?
- how about another UBL International conference in order to
promote the release of UBL 2.1? Can anyone host this conference?
http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org
- perhaps an event in North America and in Europe in Q1/2'2014
- maybe Washington DC and Brussels
- perhaps an event in China in Q3/4'2014
- can any member suggest an event suitable for co-location
- how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements
- Multi-stakeholder Forum - European ICT Standardization
- Danish proposal to have UBL 2.1 recognized as a European Standard
was discussed at the meeting December 5, 2013
- what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
- communications with outsourcing warehouses
- which new process flows need existing or new documents?
- Kees solicited interest from others, such as perhaps
members of the TSC since outsourced warehouses are of
interest to freight and transportation companies
- more transportation co-ordination issues
- communications with transportation regulatory organizations
- what technical issues need to be addressed?
- are any schema changes needed?
- at the least we need to publish the NDR as soon as possible
- Tim McGrath attended the BII Architecture meeting last week
- a few issues were raised that may trigger input to UBL
- how do we scale building up UBL?
- what educational materials need to be made available?
- how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?
- e-SENS - Simple European Networked Services
- multiple projects including (high profile) PEPPOL
- European Commission is looking at the results of all projects
- will be talking about e-Delivery (common messaging platform)
- also talking about semantic interoperability
TC CONCALL SCHEDULE
Our regular UTC times are now shifted due to daylight savings time changes,
but note that the local time on the clock is unchanged from before:
Pacific call date/time: Wednesdays 01:00UTC
Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 15:00UTC
(Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the
Propose February 19 2014 unless urgent matters require earlier.
Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future? For
privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.
TC calendar iCal subscription link:
As is brought forward at the meeting.
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about |
Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
Venlig hilsen/Best Regards
T +45 4090 6064
M +45 2331 3133
Landgreven 4, Postboks 2193
1017 København K
Ministry of Finance
Agency for Digitisation
Landgreven 4, Postboks 2193
DK-1017 Copenhagen K
T +45 3392 8000