ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Any comments on the propose Explanatory Nots for the UBL 2.1 PAS submission to ISO-IEC JTC1

Dear Tim and all,
if I understand correctly OASIS is submitting UBL to the whole JTC1 and not only to JTC1/SC32. In my opinion this is correct as UBL has a global remit and both P and O members are just a subset of JTC1 ones.
I have a comment on the proposed text, the sentence:
"As an open and freely-available standard, UBL provides an alternative to proprietary technologies, based itself on extensible, common and readily implementable standards (such as XML), so as to be widely re-usable across systems, languages and transaction types."
in my opinion should really focused on XML and related methods and tools, I propose this wording:
"As an open and freely-available standard, UBL provides an alternative to proprietary technologies, based itself on extensible, common and readily implementable standards such as XML and related well established methods and tools, so as to be widely re-usable across systems, languages and transaction types."

Regards,
Andrea