OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 26 February 2014 15:00UTC



Atlantic teleconference:
   Oriol Bausa
   Kenneth Bengtsson
   Kees Duvekot
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
   Ole Madsen
   Andy Schoka

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka


  Additions to the events calendar:  http://ubl.xml.org/events
    - change in venue for SC32 plenary - now Beijing
    - ITS Asia Pacific Forum (Auckland, NZ) 28-30 April 2014
    - WCO IT Conference and Exhibition (Brisbane, AUSTRALIA), 5-7 May 2014
    - CEN BII3 meeting (Paris), 3-5 June 2014
    - CEN BII3 meeting (Frankfurt), 16-18 September 2014
    - Exchange Summit (Barcelona), 6-7 October 2014
    - CEN BII3 meeting (Stockholm), 2-4 December 2014

  Review of Pacific call minutes

  Review of Atlantic call minutes

  Membership status review

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - Kees Duvekot
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
      - Andy Schoka (TSC chair)
    - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
      in the work?

UBL 2.1 Status

- Draft of the proposed explanatory note on UBL 2.1 to ISO/IEC JTC 1 for discussion and return to OASIS.
 - some final minor edits being made by Tim (e.g. grammar, bad link, etc.)
- AGREED - Tim will send the comments back to OASIS for their consideration after the final edits

New documents for outsourcing warehousing

 - raised by Kees
 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201402/msg00005.html
- formal work has to be done in the TC due to IPR issues of participating members - it could be that we can re-use existing documents, so the committee needs to decide what is needed for the communication - it was raised that perhaps the TC should be only focused on syntax and not on guidelines of use, given that in the past when we have tried to do create guidelines (such as the calculation models and the small business subset), it has never come to fruition - the only guideline document we have completed so far, Customization Guidelines, is also focused on syntax and techniques, not business - CEN BII fits well in the role of establishing guidelines, but there could be other organizations that would satisfy this role - if the committee goes into too much business detail, then is there a risk that groups will not consider their own business requirements while thinking that the committee-documented approach is the only approach
   - it was noted this has not been true with the swim-lane diagrams
   - the wording could be couched to try and keep users' minds open
 - some questions were raised regarding the Despatch Advice document
   - is Despatch Advice intended for one-to-one or one-to-many communication?
- in PEPPOL this document is one-to-one, if there are more complex scenarios they would have to be documented separately - in the transportation sector there may be more documents regarding end-to-end status - Kees to continue this discussion on the TC list to see what conclusions arise and then we can decide how much stays in the committee and how much is contributed to other organizations for their consideration

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

  - what do we do for implementation support?
  - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
  - industry-specific documentation?
  - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual

  - what about updating the International Data Dictionary?
    - who can we find to help with this?

  - how about another UBL International conference in order to
    promote the release of UBL 2.1?  Can anyone host this conference?
      http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org
      - perhaps an event in North America and in Europe in 2014
        - Washington DC, Burlington MA (OASIS)?
        - http://www.exchange-summit.com/ - Barcelona - October 2014
        - BII - Paris in June?  Frankfurt in September?
        - Beijing June 2014 (JTC 1 SC32)?

  - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

  - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
    - more transportation co-ordination issues
    - communications with transportation regulatory organizations

  - what technical issues need to be addressed?
    - are any schema changes needed?
    - at the least we need to publish the NDR as soon as possible

  - what educational materials need to be made available?
    - how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?


 We are coming up to daylight savings time again, so please watch the
 timings of calls in North America.  I'm trying to keep the timings of
 calls in Europe unchanged, since most members are from Europe, so the
 time of the Atlantic calls in North America changes for three weeks.

 The Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the Atlantic
 Ocean.  The time of the Pacific calls in North America is unchanged.

 Next meetings:

   2014-03-05 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CET/10:00EST
   2014-03-12 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CET/11:00EDT
   2014-03-19 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CET/11:00EDT
   2014-03-26 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CET/11:00EDT

 Proposed (in Central European Summer Time):

   2014-04-02 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-04-09 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:


    - none

Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]