OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 14 May 2014 14:00UTC



Atlantic teleconference:

  Oriol Bausa
  Peter Borresen
  Kees Duvekot
  G. Ken Holman (convener)

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  G. Ken Holman (convener)


  Additions to events calendar: https://ubl.xml.org/events
    - no events to add at this time

  Review of Pacific call minutes

  Review of Atlantic call minutes

  Membership status review

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - committee officers (alphabetical):
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Peter Borresen
      - Kees Duvekot
      - G. Ken Holman
      - Tim McGrath
      - Andy Schoka
    - members approaching losing voting status:
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath
    - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
      in the work?

  JIRA tickets
   - no action needed
   - note that the user interface has been improved a bit recently

  Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
   - no action needed

International Data Dictionary

 - Ken to create Google spreadsheets for collaboration
 - JIRA ticket added to track this item:


Conformance to CCTS 2.01

 - Committee Note approved:

   (note that an incorrect action item link is used in the post)

 - action item with TC Admin to proceed:


Naming and Design Rules

  - Ken has begun editing the new work project
  - JIRA ticket added to track this item:


  - Kees's suggestion of splitting the document into two will be considered
    when reviewing the combined document
  - the subcommittee home page has been updated for 2.1:


  - please find the "Join group" link in the links under "Roster" on the
    member page above in order to join this subcommittee to participate in
    the reviews of the draft work

Usage questions from Kees:

   (1) - looking at use of order, order response simple, order change, then
         order response simple
       - order response simple cannot refer to a specific order change
       - there is a mandatory order to which the response is referring, but
         no place for an order change reference
       - Peter - using Order Reference:
                 - use ID to point to the order
                 - use Document Reference to point to the order change
       - Ken - using Order Response Simple:
               - use Order Reference to point to the order
- use Additional Document Reference to point to the order change
       - Kees - consider adding a Order Change Reference element to Order
                Response Simple and Order Response
              - until then will use Additional Document Reference

   (2) - is the order change always initiated by the buyer or can the
         seller do as well?  If not, how does the seller make a change
         to the order after it has been agreed
         - Peter - seller uses Order Response to change the order
                 - buyer uses Order Change to change the order
                 - seller could oblige buyer to issue an Order Change

   (3) - use of Application Response
         - Kees using it as a technical response to any document (no
           functional business information being conveyed other than perhaps
         - for a lot of documents, then, new functional response documents
           are needed for business objects (just as we have done for order)
         - e.g. there is no catalogue response
         - how far do we need to go with new response documents
         - Peter - Application Response was designed to be used for a
                   response for documents for which there is no explicit
                 - Application Response is not tied only to technical reasons
                   but is also to be used for functional business reasons
                 - CEN/BII is using it for functional business reasons

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

  - what do we do for implementation support?
  - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
  - industry-specific documentation?
  - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual

  - how about another UBL International conference in order to
    promote the release of UBL 2.1?  Can anyone host this conference?
      http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org
      - perhaps an event in North America and in Europe in 2014
        - Washington DC, Burlington MA (OASIS)?
        - http://www.exchange-summit.com/ - Barcelona - October 2014
        - BII - Paris in June?  Frankfurt in September?
        - Beijing June 2014 (JTC 1 SC32)?

  - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

  - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
    - more transportation co-ordination issues
    - communications with transportation regulatory organizations

  - what technical issues need to be addressed?
    - are any schema changes needed?

  - what educational materials need to be made available?
    - how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?


 Next meetings:

   2014-05-21 No meetings this week
   2014-05-28 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-06-04 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-06-11 No meetings this week
   2014-06-18 No meetings this week
   2014-06-25 No meetings this week
   2014-07-02 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:



Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]