ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Pacific UBL TC call 2 July 2014 00:00UTC

AGENDA FOR PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 2 July 2014 00:00UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2014-07-02T00:00:00

Note that this meeting takes place TUESDAY EVENING west of the Atlantic Ocean
and after midnight in Europe.  See the time-and-date link above for details.

CONFERENCING INFO

   https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/714594514

   Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
   recommended. Or call in using your telephone.

   Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 1944
   Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0034
   Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 9321
   Canada: +1 (647) 977-5956
   Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 80 05
   Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746
   France: +33 (0) 182 880 780
   Germany: +49 (0) 892 2061 159
   Ireland: +353 (0) 15 290 180
   Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 58
   Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267
   New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358
   Norway: +47 21 54 32 44
   Spain: +34 911 23 0850
   Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 612
   Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0006 96
   United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0611
   United States: +1 (773) 945-1031

   Access Code: 714-594-514
   Meeting ID: 714-594-514

STANDING ITEMS

  Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
    - no events to add at this time

  Review of Atlantic call minutes
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201406/msg00005.html

  Review of Pacific call minutes
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201406/msg00002.html

  Membership status review
    https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
    https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - committee officers (alphabetical):
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Peter Borresen
      - Kees Duvekot
      - G. Ken Holman
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath
      - Andy Schoka
    - members approaching losing voting status:
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Peter Borresen
      - Ole Madsen
    - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
      in the work?

  JIRA tickets
   https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10170
   - no action needed

  Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
   - no action needed

ISO/IEC DIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

 - PAS submission now out for National Body vote as a Draft International
   Standard (DIS)
- appeal to members to help National Body representatives understand our work:

   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201406/msg00006.html

 - that notice also was meant to bring to everyone's attention that the
   FAQ was finalized and the redirect from our home page is now working

   http://ubl.xml.org/wiki/ubl-faq

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

  - what do we do for implementation support?
  - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
  - industry-specific documentation?
  - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
    specification

  - how about another UBL International conference in order to
    promote the release of UBL 2.1?  Can anyone host this conference?
      http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org
      - perhaps an event in North America and in Europe in 2014
        - Washington DC, Burlington MA (OASIS)?
        - http://www.exchange-summit.com/ - Barcelona - October 2014
        - BII - Frankfurt in September?
        - Stockholm in September?

  - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

  - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
    - more transportation co-ordination issues
    - communications with transportation regulatory organizations

  - what technical issues need to be addressed?
    - are any schema changes needed?

  - what educational materials need to be made available?
    - how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

 Next meetings:

   2014-07-02 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   What meetings are needed through the summer (due to vacations)?

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:
 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50