OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 17 December 2014 15:00UTC



Atlantic teleconference:

  Oriol Bausa
  Kees Duvekot
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Ole Madsen

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka


   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - eSENS face-to-face in Denmark 2015-01-14/16 at DIGST DK

   Review of Pacific call minutes

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
     - noted that Tim's name was incorrectly omitted from the voting
       list and has had voting status for a number of weeks

   Membership status review

     - voting status is determined by the following:
       - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
         maintain voting status
       - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
         voting status
     - committee officers (alphabetical):
       - Jon Bosak (secretary)
       - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
       - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
     - current voting member list (alphabetical):
       - Oriol Bausa
       - Kenneth Bengtsson
       - Peter Borresen
       - Kees Duvekot
       - Martin Forsberg
       - G. Ken Holman
       - Ole Madsen
       - Tim McGrath
       - Andy Schoka
     - members approaching losing voting status:
       - Peter Borresen
       - Martin Forsberg
   - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share in the work?

   JIRA tickets
    https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670  (note that this filter
provides more information when the user is logged in to JIRA than when not)
    - Tim to add ticket for "required document distribution" for Waybill
    - Tim to add ticket to track IFTM mapping process
      - Tim to create cover document text as simple paragraphs and mapping
        specifications in a spreadsheet attachment
    - Tim added a ticket to track discussions with WCO

   Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
    - committee site:
      - the Technical Work Produced by the Committee contains only the
        UBL 2.0 deliverables since the UBL 2.1 deliverables are at the
        top of the page ... should the UBL 2.1 items be copied below?
    - the question arose regarding how to get email notifications of postings
      made to UBL.xml.org
      - Tim to find ways for UBL.xml.org to feed social media
    - UBL.xml.org needs to revisit the editorial board members and their
      section assignments
      - http://ubl.xml.org/editorial-board-and-editorial-policies
      - please notify Ken and Tim of your interest in helping
      - once we get new participants we will meet to discuss revamping the
    - how better to get a higher profile on the www.oasis-open.org web site?
      - how can we position UBL to make it easier for people looking for
        it without knowing its name, emphasizing it is an eBusiness standard

ISO/IEC DIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

  - as of the posting of this agenda the stage remains at 40.60


- OASIS has forwarded to JTC 1 the proposed disposition of comments and OASIS
    is awaiting the response from JTC 1

Human Interface Subcommittee (HISC) revival

  - Peter to continue creating specifications using his spreadsheet approach
    - defining the box locations of the UN Layout Key forms
    - mapping UBL elements to the box locations
  - Peter and Ken to independently develop implementations to test the
  - tested specifications to be published by HISC as a Committee Note for
    others to use

UBL TC Face-to-face

  - minutes published:


UBL International 2014

  - presentations published:


  - no one has yet offered to host a UBL International meeting in 2015

Schema Generation Task Group

  - Ole and Ken to draft straw-man approach to the development of new
    revisions to UBL based on the submissions of interested parties
  - Tim and Oriol have been approached to contribute towards the straw-man
    before drafts are published for committee review
  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-11

UBL Naming and Design Rules

  - Ken to post straw-man draft for committee review sometime soon
  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-6

Business Document Header/Envelope

  - the draft work needs to be revived and put through the process towards
    a committee specification early in 2015
  - in the new year we will discuss how to progress this work item
  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-10
  - Kees commented that this subject matter is outside of the document focus
    of UBL and UBL is independent of the header/envelope used for UBL
    documents and so this project really should be under BDXR TC in order
    to be arms-length from the document format
  - Kees and Ken are both available to support BDXR TC in the work if it
    is only a resourcing issue
  - Kees sees this project as a possible 2.0 version of SBDH and so we might
    get resources contributing from the PEPPOL group, which underscores that
    having this project in BDXR might make it more palatable for non-UBL
    projects to consider using
  - Oriol asks the question is this a technical issue or a business issue?
    - he thinks this is more a business issue and so should stay in with UBL
    - we need an agnostic business envelope independent of the transport layer
    - standalone UBL documents are like post cards where addressing
      information is self-evident and all information is open
    - relevant business processes (encryption, guarantees, confidentiality)
      need to be solved by envelopes

UBL TC next steps

   - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
   - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

   - what do we do for implementation support?
   - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
   - industry-specific documentation?
   - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual

   - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

   - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
     - more transportation co-ordination issues
       - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-1
     - communications with transportation regulatory organizations
       - Tim to create JIRA ticket
     - is there a need for XML equivalents to the container messages?
       - http://www.smdg.org/itigg/downloads/
       - Tim is already addressing the ITFM** messages, the question
         here is about the CO**** messages
       - we haven't seen any requests from people wanting XML for containers


  Next meetings:

    2015-01-07 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:



Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources |
Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
Legal business disclaimers:     http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]