ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] [OASIS Issue Tracker] (UBL-11) Revision Methodology as a Committee Note

At 2015-03-03 12:24 +0000, Duvekot, Kees wrote:
One point that was a bit confusing and what might be difficult for people outside of UBL to understand was the Appendix C.

This morning I also see a typographical layout issue in that the first bolded heading is improperly set as a list item. In fact, some indentation or subsections would be useful to visually distinguish ABIEs, BBIEs and ASBIEs.

Maybe we can make that better understandable when we include some samples of a very simple structure (not sure what the smallest is we have) so that people can also relate it back to the XSD's etc.

Another thought that has been expressed is that it be removed entirely, as the guide to the terminology has no valuable role in a document of this kind, nor does it serve the anticipated audience of this document. After all, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/UBL-2.1.html#A-THE-UBL-2.1-DATA-MODEL has the same information, complete with examples.

Although Annex D is similarly technical, such direction is not provided in the UBL specification and so I would not support removing that annex.

Would you support removing the existing Annex C and replacing the fourth paragraph of 4.4 with the following paragraph:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/UBL-2.1.html#A-THE-UBL-2.1-DATA-MODEL contains useful information about the data modeling concepts used in UBL.

I can republish the documents and revise the agenda motions to refer to the changed documents.

Any thoughts from anyone else in this regard before I make changes?

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |