ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Groups - UBL Post-Award Subcommittee Charter uploaded

Hi Ken, Kees, Tim -

At Ken's request, I just skimmed the draft charter and the email discussion.

The OASIS TC Process lists the following as the requirements for starting a SC: The TC creates the SC by passing a Resolution that includes its name, statement of purpose, list of deliverables, and chair.  It notes specifically that all the items must fall within the TC charter, that the deliverables from the SC are made only to the TC, and that the members of the SC must be Members of the TC.

So there is no SC "charter" comparable to the TC charter, just the statement of purpose and list of expected deliverables. No scope, no IPR mode, etc. because those are already set in the TC charter.

In my experience, SC resolutions are usually pretty short and general. They don't go into deep detail, the assumption being that the members all know why it is being set up. So I agree that you may be going a bit further than necessary in the current draft.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Best,

/chet