ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 09 December 2015 14:00UTC

Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 09 December 2015 14:00UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2015-12-09T14:00:00

CONFERENCING INFO

   https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/714594514

   Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
   recommended. Or call in using your telephone.

   Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 1944
   Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0034
   Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 9321
   Canada: +1 (647) 977-5956
   Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 80 05
   Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746
   France: +33 (0) 182 880 780
   Germany: +49 (0) 892 2061 159
   Ireland: +353 (0) 15 290 180
   Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 58
   Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267
   New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358
   Norway: +47 21 54 32 44
   Spain: +34 911 23 0850
   Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 612
   Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0006 96
   United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0611
   United States: +1 (773) 945-1031

   Access Code: 714-594-514
   Meeting ID: 714-594-514
   Audio PIN (deprecated): Shown after joining the meeting

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - no new events to add

   Review of Pacific call minutes (copied below as agenda items)
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201512/msg00005.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes from two weeks ago
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201511/msg00015.html

   Membership status review
    <https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership>https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
    <https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80>https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - committee officers (alphabetical):
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Kees Duvekot
      - G. Ken Holman
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath
      - Andy Schoka

ISO/IEC 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

 - as of 2015-11-25 this standard is now under publication:

  http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370

 - regarding citing the work, we agreed earlier to use the following:

    OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845)

 - the following would be used for a general reference:

    OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

 - ACTION: all members please review the brand new list on our (under-used)
   wiki of where to send notifications of UBL 2.1 becoming ISO/IEC 19845
   (sign in with your regular OASIS member credentials):

     <https://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL_2.1_Announcement_List>https://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL_2.1_Announcement_List

 - when pointing people to OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845), it is probably safest
   to point to the OASIS-mounted resources, as we would not wish to confuse
   people regarding the more limited ISO copyright constraints:

     http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/

   - for discussion at the teleconference, please note the location where
     other PAS submissions to ISO have been available from ISO does have
     some statements regarding copyright, use and download (we don't know
     that this is where ISO/IEC 19845 will be listed, but it is likely):

     http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/

UBL 2.2

 - in our governance document we posited that UBL would be revised on a
   three-year basis:
<http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html#S-THE-PLANNED-UBL-RELEASE-CYCLE>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html#S-THE-PLANNED-UBL-RELEASE-CYCLE
 - to meet this, we have to have all of the changes in by January 2016
- all members are reminded to contact those needing additions to UBL to review
   the governance document and get the discussion started for including any
changes, as additions submitted in January 2016 likely will not have time to
   be discussed before we have to cut off accepting them
<http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html
   - users of the common library are encouraged to review the governance
     document and to consider submitting their suggestions for consideration
     by the committee in a future revision
 - at the November 4 meeting we reconfirmed our deadline of January 2016 for
   preliminary requirements for UBL 2.2, and that we will then review the
   status of requirements from other stakeholders
 - the pre-award committee is working on more experimentation:

    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-pre-award/201511/maillist.html

 - at this point no new requirements expected from PC434 semantic model of the
   core elements of an electronic invoice

Naming and Design Rules

 - comments for the committee note are still in the works and review should
   start this week
 - the focus of the document has changed to be any model based on CCTS, rather
   than the NDR that comes from the UBL committee

 - Proposed: end the development of the standards track work product with the
             stem "UBL-NDR/v3.0"
   - DEFERRED until after public review of the latest version

 - Proposed: formally request OASIS TC Admin to initiate the Standard
             with the stem "CCTS-2.01-NDR/v1.0" and the title:

        Core Components Technical Specification 2.01 XML Naming
        and Design Rules Version 1.0
   - DEFERRED until after public review of the latest version

 - Proposed: formally request OASIS TC Admin to initiate the Committee Note
             on the application of the NDR in UBL 2.1
   - the stem would be "UBL-NDR-Application/v1.0"
   - the first working draft, which needs to be revised based on earlier
     motions, was posted a while ago:
     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=56428
   - AGREED (pending Atlantic call) - unanimous

 - Ken has continued editing new drafts of the NDR in conjunction with Tim
   and Andy and a version for review by the committee has been posted:

     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=57053

   - this is a Working Draft of the Committee Specification Draft 01 of the
     old title in anticipation of the renaming of the project, which during
   the meeting was deferred
   - Ken to restore the original title and stem for UBL-NDR v3.0 csd02 and
     include a note in the introduction proposing a title change and stem
     change for the project as part of the public review
   - please prepare to vote at the next meeting on a Committee Specification
     Draft 02 and associated Committee Specification Public Review Draft 02
     of the originally-titled UBL NDR v3.0 (because after the next meeting
     is a four-week holiday break)

JIRA tickets
<https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670>https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670 (note that the view can
   be changed using the box icon at top right; the list view provides the most
   summary information, without the detail view obscuring the screen space)
   - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
     by how they are described to be used as categories:
<https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel>https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - do we need a travelling road show along the lines of UBL International?
  - can anyone volunteer to create more short video segments to be shared?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

 Next meetings:

  2015-12-09 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST
  2015-12-16 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST
  2016-01-13 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST
  2016-01-20 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST
  2016-01-27 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:
 <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

 - as comes forward

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |