ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Transferred from [ubl-comment] VS: Deadline for submission of changes for UBL 2.2 Pre-Award is approaching (May 31st)

I agree with the comments from Tim. I also think the Application Response should be used in these situations.

Best regards
Oriol

El 14 maig 2016, a les 4:26, Tim McGrath <tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com> va escriure:

My apologies I am moving this to the UBL list where it belongs….

Looking at Ole's examples then I suspect this is probably not the Business Level Response that Kees is suggesting.  The BLR would be the Tender Receipt document that recognised the Tender has been accepted and lodged formally.

This is a requirement to address the technical part of the document delivery.  But it is more than the PEPPOL MLR which may be constrained to only message exchange acknowledgements (that the submission has been delivered (or not) to the party responsible) . In fact I think the MLR in PEPPOL only acknowledges between Access Point providers so it is not an end-to-end acknowledgement for the businesses involved.

I agree with Kees that an MLR document should tell the sending business that the receiving business has received the document, that they could understand it (functional correct) and that they will “process” it.  And that is what the Application Response was design for.

Based on Ole's examples the requirement seems to be for acknowledging that a submission has (or has not) met the technical requirements of a valid submission package.  In other words, whether it has been recognised as a legitimate submission package or it is not able to be lodged (processed) because of faults in the submission package.  It is not a decision based on understanding the content of the submission package. So it is an MLR (Application Response) but with more status and reason codes than the PEPPOL subset and in this case would be exchanged between a Tender submitter and a Tendering organization.

So in a PEPPOL environment (4 corner model) the “Messaging System” is two layers.  The lower AP to AP layer in the current PEPPOL MLR and the higher layer would be a (to be defined profile) for a Business to Business MLR.

In which case we don’t need a new document type to deal with this.  Both can use the Application Response - but with different profiles.

Begin forwarded message: