ubl message

Subject: Proposed change in UBL 2.2 distribution regarding spreadsheet files

Fellow UBL TC members,

In the UBL 2.0 and UBL 2.1 distributions the only pairs of .ods/.xls spreadsheet files were the individual pairs found in the mod/common/ and mod/maindoc/ subdirectories. There was no pair of .ods/.xls spreadsheets for the entire model of all maindocs and the common library as we maintain as a Google spreadsheet.

I propose we add the one pair of .ods/.xls spreadsheets to the mod/ subdirectory and we abandon the mod/common/ and mod/maindoc/ subdirectories with 132 files (soon to be over 180 files). Getting rid of 180 files will certainly reduce our file count.

Note that even though the maindoc worksheet names in Google are abbreviated on export (because of what I have reported as a bug for supporting only short 31-character worksheet names), it seems that OpenOffice and Excel allow very long worksheet names. I will edit out the prefix and suffix of the model name for the sheet name so that "UBL-Catalogue-2.1" becomes "Catalogue", but I won't abbreviate other parts of the name in the distribution the way they need to be in Google.

Do you think our users will accept navigating only the one pair of large .ods/.xls spreadsheets of all components, or should I also create UBL 2.2 versions of the individual pairs of .ods/.xls for each maindoc as we did in previous distributions?

Thank you for your feedback on this.

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |