ubl message

Subject: Form submission from: Request a Special Majority Vote to proceed to Candidate OASIS Standard

Submitted on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 16:20
Submitted by user:
Submitted values are:

Your name: G. Ken Holman
TC name: Universal Business Language
TC email address: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Title: Business Document Naming and Design Rules Version 1.0 Committee
Specification 01
Committee Specification URI:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/Business-Document-NDR/v1.0/cs01/Business-Document-NDR-v1.0-cs01.html
Committee Specification editable source URI(s):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/Business-Document-NDR/v1.0/cs01/Business-Document-NDR-v1.0-cs01.xml
Certification by the TC that all schema and XML instances are well-formed and
that expressions are valid: We so certify
Clear English-language summary of the specification: This specification
prescribes a set of naming and design rules used to create XML document model
validation artefacts (W3C Schema XSD files and OASIS Context/value
association
files) associated with abstract information bundles formally described using
the
Core Component Technical Specification 2.01 [CCTS].
Relationship of this specification to similar work:
This work product has been used by the OASIS UBL TC in the creation of
Universal
Business Language (UBL) and by the OASIS BDXR TC in the creation of the
Business
Document Envelope (BDE).

This specification replaces previous naming and design rule (NDR)
specifications
created by the UBL TC specifically for UBL and is now generic to be applied
any business document vocabulary based on the UN/CEFACT Core Component
Technical
Specification (CCTS) 2.01.

UN/CEFACT has its own NDR to create XML vocabularies from CCTS 2.01,
developed
after the initial UBL NDR specification was created, but their implementation
failed to meet real-world requirements experienced by UBL users.  The
features
of the OASIS Business Document NDR Specification make it attractive to others
with the same experiences.

     --Statements of Use--
       Link to Statement of Use #1:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201609/msg00052.html
       Link to Statement of Use #2:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201609/msg00052.html
       Link to Statement of Use #3:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201609/msg00054.html
       Additional Statements of Use: (none at this time; a number of
       projects in Europe are in the implementation phase)

     --Public Reviews--
       First public review announcement URI:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201604/msg00004.html
       Comment resolution log:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201605/msg00035.html
       Additional public review announcement URIs:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201606/msg00009.html

       Additional comment resolution log URIs:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201607/msg00000.html

Approval link: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201609/msg00057.html
Earlier attempts to standardize: No
Sources of explanatory information:
Notes:
A draft COS01 delivery is packaged here for your consideration:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59018

Here is a diff of the CS01 to the COS01 (cover page and status annex changes
only):

$ diff Business-Document-NDR-v1.0-cs01.xml
Business-Document-NDR-v1.0-cos01.xml
37,40c37,40

---

44,45c44,45

$Revision: 1.4 $$Date: 2016/07/15 21:07:38 $">
---

   > $Revision: 1.2 $$Date: 2016/09/28 15:47:12 $">
51c51
    $Id: Business-Document-NDR-v1.0-cs01.xml,v 1.4 2016/07/15 21:07:38 admin
Exp $
---
   >      $Id: Business-Document-NDR-v1.0-cos01.xml,v 1.2 2016/09/28 15:47:12
admin
Exp $
3886c3886
    Release of this package marks the completion of this committee
specification.
---

   >       Release of this package initiates the process to progress the
Committee
Specification 01 to an OASIS Standard.
   >       Except for the cover page and this annex, there are no changes
between
this edition and Committee Specification 01.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN