ubl message

Subject: My role in the UBL Technical Committee

A recent trip to Europe has brought it home to me that it is time to look to something else in my professional life outside of the IT and standards industry.  I'm not sure what that is at present but I am clear it isn't what I do now.

As a result I plan to stand down from all my advisory and standardisation activities.  Most significantly the UBL Technical Committee.  Those who know me personally will recall this is something I talked about a few years back prior to UBL achieving ISO/IEC accreditation, the milestone that protects the future of UBL.  I feel I have served my time and my future contribution is not critical to the ongoing success of UBL.  Ken Holman has been doing such a great job driving the TC that I feel comfortable stepping away.

Of course I am still around if questions arise or opinions sought, but I won't be tracking things anymore.

My best wishes and good luck to all TC members - you should all be proud to be a part of such a wonderful endeavour.

Regards
Tim McGrath
tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com
Fremantle, Western Australia 6160