ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Trying to understand DocumentReference from an implementer's perspective

Okay ... that makes sense.  Thanks, Oriol.

So, for me that calls into question the definition for Attachment in the DocumentReference:

"The referenced document as an attachment to the document from which it is referenced."

... since the referenced document isn't actually being attached, it is being pointed to.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/summary/reports/UBL-AllDocuments-2.1.html#Table_DocumentReference.Details

But I can live with it if I consider the Attachment in the abstract sense of a document logically attached, not physically attached. So, okay.

But I believe this confusion further bolsters my contention we need the changes I've been pushing in ticket https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-168 regarding the definitions.

Which we will talk about for UBL 2.3 ... I give up on the ticket for UBL 2.2. I've just deferred it.

Thank you for your patience with this. It hadn't yet come up in my implementation experience or I would have discussed it earlier.