OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 27 February 2019 15:00UTC

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 27 February 2019 15:00UTC


  Todd Albers
  Oriol Bausà
  Kenneth Bengtsson
  Peter Borresen
  Kees Duvekot
  Carmelo Greco
  Cécile Guasch
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Yves Jordan
  Ole Madsen
  Natalie Muric
  Enric Staromiejski Torregrosa

  Pacific call attendance

   Kenneth Bengtsson
   Erlend Klakegg Bergheim
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Andrew Mitchell

  Regrets received in advance:

   Levine Naidoo
   Matt Vickers


   - one of the following should be used as a specific citation:
     OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.2
     OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)
   - the following would be used for a general (any version) citation:
     OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)
   - the canonical 2.2 documents are available in the OASIS repository:
   - the canonical 2.1 documents are available in the OASIS repository:
   - the ISO/IEC catalogue entry for UBL 2.1 is found at:
   - the ISO/IEC document and attachments for UBL 2.1 are found at:


   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
      - no new events to add at this time

   Review of Pacific call minutes

   Review of Atlantic call minutes

   Membership status review

   - voting status is determined by the following:
     - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
       maintain voting status
     - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
       voting status
     - members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and
       their voting status is not impacted
   - current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical) and relationships:
     - Todd Albers
       - Member ASC X9 AB, Member ISO 20022 Payment SEG, Member W3C Web
         Payments Interest Group, Business Payments Coalition
     - Oriol Bausà Peris
       - Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML, Editor TC434 Validation
     - Kenneth Bengtsson
       - Chair OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT
     - Erlend Klakegg Bergheim
       - Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS
       - Member CEN/TC434/WS8
     - Peter Borresen
       - DK Member CEN/TC440, Assistant Convenor CEN/TC440/WG7
     - Kees Duvekot
       - Member OASIS BDXR, Member of the Standaardisatie­platform
     - Cécile Guasch
       - Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG1, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG2,
         European Commission liaison (DIGIT Interoperability Unit)
     - G. Ken Holman
       - Member OASIS BDXR, CA Member JTC 1/SC32, CA Expert UN/CEFACT
     - Yves Jordan
     - Andrew Mitchell
     - Natalie Muric
     - Levine Naidoo
       - Member OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, Member Fintech Australia
     - Enric Staromiejski Torregrosa
       - Member OASIS ebXML, European Commission liaison (DG GROWTH)
     - Matt Vickers
       - Member OASIS BDXR, Member US Business Payments Coalition,
         Director US Data Coalition
   - active non-voting members
     - Roberto Cisternino
       - IT Expert UN/CEFACT
     - Matt Lewis
       - Member Blockchain Association of Australia
     - Olli Pajari
     - Steve Ryan
   - members approaching gaining voting status after next meeting:
     - Carmelo Greco
     - Ole Ellerbæk Madsen
       - DK Member CEN/TC440, CEN/TC440 Liaison JTC 1/SC 32
   - members losing voting status after this meeting:
     - Matt Vickers
   - new member orientation information:

UBL 2.2
   - UBL 2.2 OASIS Standard is published:


   - Ken to begin the ISO revision process for ISO/IEC 19845
     - waiting again on OASIS legal counsel for feedback from ISO
   - ASN.1 alternative representations for UBL 2.1 and UBL 2.2 have been
     published for committee review before being put forward for a vote:


      - comments by March 6, voting document on March 13, 2019

UBL 2.3
   - Cécile managing requirements for pre-award documents
   - Kees managing requirements for post-award documents
   - Peter managing requirements for transportation documents
   - Kenneth and Todd managing requirements for payments and finance documents
   - Roberto managing requirements for party information documents
   - Kees designated a co-editor of UBL 2.3 and is now in charge of the
     production of the artefacts, with the assistance from Erlend as needed
   - please progress unaddressed JIRA tickets, especially the ones from
     UBL 2.2
   - remember to become watchers of a ticket in order to get push
     notifications ... for example with the ticket number in ###:


   - open issues at: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972
   - missed the end-of 2018 deadline, trying now for an end of March
     vote on a 30-day public review to deal with feedback at the
     beginning of May
     - first draft of public review needs to be ready for February 27
     - work towards public review vote March 20 (leaves two weeks for TC
       Admin action and we cannot ask for expedited processing; ready by
       March 13 would be best)
  - subcommittee chairs are reminded of the documentation requirements for
    new UBL documents recorded in these minutes under "Documentation"
  - subcommittee process for forwarding changes to the main committee
    - subcommittee edits test spreadsheet for test schemas
    - Ken will make test schemas for the subcommittee
    - the subcommittee proposes a summary of their changes to the main
      TC in a mail message, citing your test schemas for reference
    - at a teleconference the main TC approves the changes
    - Ken adds the changes to the main spreadsheets and publish new schemas
      for public review
  - image submission
    - a revisable vector form is required (e.g. SVG)
    - a bit image form is required:
       -  width of 3425 pixels @ 600dpi = 5.7083in/14.5cm
                                        = 1712 pixels @ 300dpi

UBL Australian Localisation Subcommittee (ALSC)
   - face-to-face happening next week in Forrest, ACT

UBL Payments and Finance Subcommittee (PayFin)
   - nothing to report at this time

UBL Post-award
   - many issues have been worked on
   - a number of tickets need more discussion ... see:

UBL Pre-award
   - progress made on a number of issues
   - changes made in the Pre-award spreadsheet
   - Ken to incorporate Cécile's comments for reviewers regarding changes
   - new regular Pre-award call on Wednesdays 14:30-16:00CET
   - Ken to make a set of test schemas

UBL Small Business Subcommittee (SBSC)
   - nothing to report at this time

UBL Transportation Subcommittee (TSC)
   - progressing well for the deliverables for first public review
   - Peter notes the importance of working on business processes before
     creating business documents ... doing so after may require re-work

UBL Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee (NDRSC)
   - nothing to report at this time

Request from http://MarkupDeclaration.org
   - project to promote the use of XML and declarative markup techniques
   - GitHub repository created:
   - requested that someone from the project participate by creating GitHub
     "issues" for action items:

We want for Balisage 2019 is to have 100 "issues" opened in the "Technology" GitHub repo and 100 "issues" opened in the "Applications" GitHub repo.

An "Issue" is not a bug (we are using the GitHub terminology here) :
*For technologies: what are technologies that we want to see created or enhanced to extend the convenient and everyday use of declarative markup. https://github.com/markupdeclaration/technologies *For applications: what is a an applications or tutorials that needs to be documented or enhanced to extend the convenient and everyday use of declarative markup - https://github.com/markupdeclaration/applications

Can I please enlist your help and ask you 1) to open 3 issues 2) to find another 3 friends and ask them also to open 3 issues (and each find 3 friends?)

For example, it would be awesome if you opened in the "applications" GitHub repo 3 issues describing each how XML is used in UBL . The first issue could be simply that we need to "create or point to a simply primer of how XML is helping interop Businesses using UBL. The second could be to "create or point to a simply primer" on specific pieces of how XML is helping for example Denmark and the third one could be for example focused on a specific vertical.

JIRA tickets
   - available filters:
        - discuss - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=15172
        - UBL 2.x - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972
        - BDNDR   - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13472
        - All UBL - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670
        - TCAdmin - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13070

   - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
     by how they are described to be used as categories:
     - if you leave the "Component/s" field empty, the ticket will not show up
       in the summary filter

   - status and resolution values:
     - NEW - the issue has been created but not yet agreed to be in
             consideration or not for the development distribution
           - in order for the issue to become active work for the committee
             the new ticket must be changed to OPEN or it will not be seen
             in the "to do" filter
           - the other option on a new ticket is to change it to DEFERRED
           - please remember to look at the open filter to ensure visibility:
     - OPEN - the issue is in consideration for the development distribution
            - keep the issue OPEN when assigning to Ken for incorporation
            - please remember to add a comment regarding expectations whenever
              you assign an OPEN ticket to another person for any action
     - RESOLVED + Incomplete - the issue has been decided but not yet in test
     - RESOLVED + Applied - the issue is incorporated in test but not released
     - RESOLVED + Fixed - the issue is incorporated in a working draft version
     - RESOLVED + Later - the issue is still up for discussion for a future
                          minor revision but not the current development
     - RESOLVED + No Action - considered as no action for any distribution
     - RESOLVED + Cannot Reproduce - considered as no action for distribution
     - APPLIED + Fixed - the issue is included in a public review (record the
                         availability of the disposition once review opened)
     - DEFERRED - the issue is not in consideration for any minor revision
                - please remember to use this when creating new tickets for
                  backwards-incompatible changes
    - see also the discussion on the status workflows here:

   - members please note to discuss ticket issues as comments to the ticket so
     that we can audit the discussion when making decisions about the ticket,
     without having to find the discussion on the main mail list

   - to find all of the OASIS TC Administration tickets related to UBL, use
     the https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13070 filter


  - Australian Localisation Subcommittee will be meeting in the BDXR "off
    weeks" one hour in advance of the UBL Pacific call (00:00UTC)
  - Transportation Subcommittee will be meeting on Wednesdays every week at
    14:00UTC (will be using Peter's GotoMeeting facility)
  - Pre-award Subcommittee will be meeting on Wednesdays every week at
    13:30UTC (will be using Natalie's WebEx facility)
  - other subcommittees will be meeting on an as-required basis

  - if we had a face-to-face the week of 2019-09-23 then attendees could
    continue on to Vienna for the Exchange Summit conference the following
    week (as was convenient for some members in 2018)
    - offers to host from Zwolle (NL), Copenhagen (DK)
  - do we need a face-to-face in the southern US in February/March? If so,
    who do we know who could host us or sponsor a meeting venue?
    - confirmed that we can hold a meeting in San Francisco hosted by
      Tradeshift, so we have to decide some dates
      - we cannot decide on a date until we know when the first public review
        ends, so that we can work on the result at the meeting
    - if the meeting gets pushed out to April/May then we have another
      possible host of the US Fed in Minneapolis (possibly May 6-10??)
    - can we go back to Tradeshift also regarding May 6-10 in San Francisco?
    - this would be timed after the end of our first review so that we can
      work on a second review


2019-03-06 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/20:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/01:00UTC/12:00Sydney 2019-03-06 UBL Atlantic - 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-03-13 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/11:00Sydney 2019-03-13 UBL Atlantic - 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-03-20 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/11:00Sydney 2019-03-20 UBL Atlantic - 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-03-27 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/11:00Sydney 2019-03-27 UBL Atlantic - 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-04-03 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/11:00Sydney 2019-04-03 UBL Atlantic - 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-04-10 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney 2019-04-10 UBL Atlantic - 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-04-17 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney 2019-04-17 UBL Atlantic - 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-04-24 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney 2019-04-24 UBL Atlantic - 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe 2019-05-01 UBL Pacific - 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney 2019-05-01 UBL Atlantic - 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe

  Outline of teleconference times for 2019:

     (Note the date for the Australia time change is indicated incorrectly)

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:


 - announcements from Australia and New Zealand:



Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @ US$45 (5 hours free) |

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]