OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 10 July 2019 14:00UTC

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 10 July 2019 14:00UTC


Atlantic: 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe




Todd Albers

Oriol Bausa Peris

Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)

Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

Kees Duvekot

Philip Helger

Ken Holman

Yves Jordan


Pacific participation:


Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)

Martijn van den Boogaard

Ken Holman

Levine Naidoo




Andrea Caccia

Andrew Mitchell

Natalie Muric

Matt Vickers


Referencing the specification


One of the following should be used as a specific citation:

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.2

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)

The following would be used for a general (any version) citation:

-  OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

The canonical 2.2 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.2/

The canonical 2.1 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/

The ISO/IEC catalogue entry for UBL 2.1 is found at:

-  http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm/?csnumber=66370

The ISO/IEC document and attachments for UBL 2.1 are found at:

-  http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/


Standing items


Additions to events calendar - http://ubl.xml.org/events



Review of Pacific call minutes



Review of Atlantic call minutes



Membership status review



New member orientation information:



Voting status is determined by the following:

-  existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to maintain voting status

-  non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain voting status

-  members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and their voting status is not impacted


Current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical):


-  Todd Albers

o  Member ASC X9 AB, Member ISO 20022 Payment SEG, Member W3C Web Payments Interest Group, Business Payments Coalition

-  Oriol Bausa Peris

-  Kenneth Bengtsson

o  Chair OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT

-  Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

o  Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS, Member CEN/TC434/WS8

-  Martijn van den Boogaard

-  Peter Borresen

o  DK Member CEN/TC440, Assistant Convenor CEN/TC440/WG7

-  Andrea Caccia

-  Kees Duvekot

o  Member OASIS BDXR, Member of the StandaardisatieÂplatform e-factureren

-  Cecile Guasch

o Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG1, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG2, European Commission liaison (DIGIT Interoperability Unit)

-  G. Ken Holman

o  Member OASIS BDXR, CA Member JTC 1/SC32, CA Expert UN/CEFACT

-  Yves Jordan

-  Matt Lewis

-  Andrew Mitchell

-  Levine Naidoo

o  Member OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML

-  Matt Vickers

o  Member OASIS BDXR, Member US Business Payments Coalition, Director US Data Coalition


Members gaining voting status after this meeting:

-  Philip Helger


Members losing voting status after this meeting:

-  Matt Lewis


UBL 2.3


Please progress unaddressed JIRA tickets, especially the ones from UBL 2.2.


Remember to become watchers of a ticket in order to get push notifications ... for example with the ticket number in ###: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-###


Open issues at: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972


Managing requirements:

-  CÃcile: pre-award documents

-  Kees: post-award documents

-  Peter: transportation documents

-  Kenneth and Todd: payments and finance documents

-  Ger and Kenneth: party information documents


Ken available to edit artefacts for UBL 2.3 with support from the members of the TC.


Subcommittee chairs are reminded of the documentation requirements for new UBL documents recorded in these minutes under âDocumentationâ:



Subcommittee process for forwarding changes to the main committee:

-  Subcommittee edits test spreadsheet for test schemas

-  Ken will make test schemas for the subcommittee

-  The subcommittee proposes a summary of their changes to the main TC in a mail message, citing your test schemas for reference

-  At a teleconference the main TC approves the changes

-  Ken adds the changes to the main spreadsheets and publish new schemas for public review

-  Guidelines for preparing spreadsheet columns discussed in: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-179

-  Image submission:

o  A revisable vector form is required (e.g. SVG)

o  A bit image form is required:

  Width of 3425 pixels @ 600dpi = 5.7083in/14.5cm = 1712 pixels @ 300dpi


ISO submission


Editors and subcommittee chairs need to familiarize themselves with ISO/IEC Directives Part 2 in order to produce content that is compliant with ISO requirements:



Ken will document the kinds of changes to be made to the existing text.


UBL 2.3 Public Review Draft 01


Pending issues:


-  Update from Transportation Subcommittee, see: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-tsc/201905/msg00006.html

o Kenneth is working on updating definitions and spreadsheets

-  Andrea and Ken will review the section on digital signatures to identify any changes and updated needed for 2.3

o Discussion in JIRA ticket UBL-236: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-236

-  Rewording to JTC requirements (Ken + Kenneth)

o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-240


Hub document tracking: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-239


New tickets:

-  PaymentMeans/CardAccount usage is unclear

o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-235

-  Formatting text in UBL

o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-237

-  Additional information item to clarify Status reasons

o https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-241

o Agreed to post comments and observations in the ticket and continue discussion next week.


Payment Means Committee Note


A 30-day public review of the Committee Note was approved by the TC June 26, 2019.


JIRA ticket: https://issues.oasis-open.org/projects/TCADMIN/issues/TCADMIN-3490?filter=allopenissues


UBL Payments and Finance Subcommittee (PayFin)




UBL Post-award




UBL Pre-award


Discussion about statistical reporting formats: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-223. Please comment.


Discussion about _expression_ of Interest: https://issues.oasis-open.org/projects/UBL/issues/UBL-238. Please comment.


UBL Small Business Subcommittee (SBSC)




UBL Transportation Subcommittee (TSC)


Work being done and discussed here: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-239


UBL Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee (NDRSC)




JIRA tickets


Available filters:

-  Discuss: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=15172

-  UBL 2.x: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972

-  BDNDR: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13472

-  All UBL: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670

-  TCAdmin: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13070


When creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components by how they are described to be used as categories:


If you leave the "Component/s" field empty, the ticket will not show up in the summary filter.


Status and resolution values:

-  NEW: the issue has been created but not yet agreed to be in consideration or not for the development distribution

o  in order for the issue to become active work for the committee the new ticket must be changed to OPEN or it will not be seen in the "to do" filter

o  the other option on a new ticket is to change it to DEFERRED

o  please remember to look at the open filter to ensure visibility: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972

-  OPEN: the issue is in consideration for the development distribution

o  keep the issue OPEN when assigning to Ken for incorporation

o  please remember to add a comment regarding expectations whenever you assign an OPEN ticket to another person for any action

-  RESOLVED + Incomplete: the issue has been decided but not yet in test

-  RESOLVED + Applied: the issue is incorporated in test but not released

-  RESOLVED + Fixed: the issue is incorporated in a working draft version

-  RESOLVED + Later: the issue is still up for discussion for a future minor revision but not the current development

-  RESOLVED + No Action: considered as no action for any distribution

-  RESOLVED + Cannot Reproduce: considered as no action for distribution

-  APPLIED + Fixed: the issue is included in a public review (record the availability of the disposition once review opened)

-  DEFERRED: the issue is not in consideration for any minor revision

o  please remember to use this when creating new tickets for backwards-incompatible changes

-  See also the discussion on the status workflows here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201709/msg00000.html


Members please note to discuss ticket issues as comments to the ticket so that we can audit the discussion when making decisions about the ticket, without having to find the discussion on the main mail list.


Subcommittee conference calls


-  Transportation Subcommittee will be meeting on Thursday every week at 14:00UTC (will be using Peter's GotoMeeting facility)

-  Pre-award Subcommittee will be meeting on Wednesdays every week at 13:30UTC (will be using Natalie's WebEx facility)

-  Other subcommittees will be meeting on an as-required basis




With PRD01 out in May, then we will receive comments during June and can start working on these in July. Agreed to look at end of September for face-to-face meeting in Europe.



If we had a face-to-face the week of 2019-09-23 then attendees could continue on to Vienna for the Exchange Summit conference the following week (as was convenient for some members in 2018).

Offer to host in Zwolle (NL). Copenhagen (DK) not possible in the days 24, 25 and 26th of September due to IATA conference and One Record taskforce meeting.


Face-to-face meetings would be timed after the end public reviews so that we can work on comment resolutions.


TC conference call schedule


Call schedule



-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/19:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/00:00UTC/10:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/09:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


Outline of teleconference times for 2019



(Note the date for the Australia time change is indicated incorrectly)


TC calendar




iCal subscription link: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50


Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future? For privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.


Other business




[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]