ubl message

Subject: Upcoming co-chair vacancy for the UBL Technical Committee

Fellow UBL TC members,

With the new OASIS process vitality test for TCs discussed on Wednesday's call, and the requirement now for the TC to review the technical committee charter and re-appoint the TC chairs, I have been reflecting on my continuing contribution to the committee.

Due to health and family reasons, I have decided not to put myself forward to be re-appointed a co-chair of the UBL TC after our TC charter has been reviewed in the new year.

Of course I always will be an ambassador for the UBL TC as "former chair" when I travel to conferences and correspond with members of our community. And for the next number of months I will continue to participate actively on the committee. After my active participation wanes, I will remain a member of the TC indefinitely for consultation and continuity, but I will drop my voting status and my regular attendance.

I thank Kenneth for more than ably taking the reins of the committee this past while. He performs so very well as committee maestro that it makes me jealous.

And I thank you all for all of the support you have provided me in my role over the years. Of course I thank founding chair Jon Bosak for approaching me at an XML conference in Silicon Valley somewhere around 2002/2003 and asking me to get involved in the TC. It has been a wonderful ride year in and year out.

Very sincerely to my TC friends and colleagues,

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @ US$45 (5 hours free) |