ubl message

Subject: New UBL git repository ready, retiring two other git repositories

Fellow UBL TC members,

Finally I have found the time to create the new repository that, without human intervention, creates on GitHub final deliverable ZIP packages from committee member configuration and content changes that are checked in to GitHub as a normal commit and push:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl#readme

Accordingly, no longer is it necessary for the editor (or anyone) to build the final package on their local machine from the two repositories that now are retired:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl-2.3-artefacts#readme
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl-2.3-hub#readme

I've tried very hard to document as many details and nuances for editors and maintainers to use the new repository, but no doubt I have missed many things that need to be added to the README file. Please let me know of any questions that are not currently answered in the README file and I will add to it. This will be valuable going forward when new members join the committee, and when I am taking a back seat on the committee.

Now any of the subcommittees can create their own branches for their own spreadsheets and changes to the hub document and create a complete end-user-oriented package ready for review and submission to the main technical committee.

Please remember to capture in Kavi your intermediate work you need preserved for posterity according to OASIS TC rules, as the results found in the repository's Actions Tab on GitHub evaporate after 90 days. For the next 90 days, here is an example run. I won't put this into Kavi so as not to confuse the archive with the files actually distributed for CSD05, but I will do so for the CS02 and OS versions:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl/actions/runs/847184803
(interesting aside: you can see from this page that although the run itself took only 21 minutes 30 seconds, I didn't get results for over 3 hours because GitHub was slow and the job was queued)

These are the participating groups as they stand (note that you have to already be a member of this repository in order to see the contents of these two pages, otherwise you will get a "404" error):

https://github.com/orgs/oasis-tcs/teams/ubl-editor
https://github.com/orgs/oasis-tcs/teams/ubl-write (maintainers)

To become a maintainer, please send me your GitHub account name and its associated email address for me to forward to TC Admin for inclusion.

I am expecting to use this new repository to create the "cs02" and "os" flavours of UBL 2.3, and the initial "csd01wd01" of UBL 2.4. By then the future maintainers and editors can take over and I'll be available to coach.

p.s. Soon I'm going to write a LinkedIn article describing this committee collaboration process using XML and GitHub, so the earlier you can get feedback to me, the better chance I'll be able to address it and incorporate any required changes. Thanks!

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |