OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Agenda for Pacific UBL TC call 01 June 2021 22:00UTC

Agenda for Pacific UBL TC call 01 June 2021 22:00UTC


Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney


Conferencing info


Meeting ID: 547 975 473

Passcode: oasis


Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:



Or iPhone one-tap (US toll):

+13462487799,,547975473#,,,,,,0#,,130346# US (Houston)

+16465588656,,547975473#,,,,,,0#,,130346# US (New York)


Or international dial-in number (toll):


Meeting ID: 547 975 473

Passcode: 130346


Referencing the specification


One of the following should be used as a specific citation:

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.3 CS02

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.2

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)

The following would be used for a general (any version) citation:

-  OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

The canonical 2.3 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs02-UBL-2.3/

The canonical 2.2 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.2/

The canonical 2.1 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/

The ISO/IEC catalogue entry for UBL 2.1 is found at:

-  http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm/?csnumber=66370

The ISO/IEC document and attachments for UBL 2.1 are found at:

-  http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/


Publishing tools


Peter has offered to help with spreadsheet maintenance. Kees and Cecile have offered to help with editorship and maintenance.


Previous repositories have been replaced with a single repository where both artefacts and the hub documents are maintained simultaneously for the production of a complete distribution package and an archive package:

-  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl/tree/review#readme


Those who have volunteered to help with editing and maintenance, please test the above and provide feedback. Please report any issues regarding problems with the data.


Standing items


Additions to events calendar - http://ubl.xml.org/events

Anything to add?


Review of Pacific call minutes



Review of Atlantic call minutes



Membership status review



New member orientation information:



Voting status is determined by the following:

-  existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to maintain voting status

-  non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain voting status

-  members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and their voting status is not impacted


Current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical):


-  Todd Albers

o Member of X9, X12 B2X, ISO 20022 Payment SEG, OASIS BDXR, and convenor of the Business Payments Coalition e-Invoice work groups

-  Kenneth Bengtsson

o  Chair OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT

-  Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

o Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS, Member CEN/TC434/WS8

-  Peter Borresen

o DK Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG7

-  Andrea Caccia

o Chair CEN/TC 434, Member ETSI/ESI TC, IT Expert UN/CEFACT, chair OASIS Code List Representation TC

-  Ger Clancy

-  Paul Donohoe

-  Kees Duvekot

o Member OASIS BDXR, Member of the Standaardisatie­platform e-factureren

-  Cecile Guasch

o Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG1, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG2, European Commission liaison (DIGIT Interoperability Unit)

-  Philip Helger


-  G. Ken Holman

o Member OASIS BDXR, member OASIS Code List Representation TC

-  Yves Jordan

-  Ole Madsen

o DK Member CEN/TC440

-  Natalie Muric

-  Levine Naidoo

o Member OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML


Members losing voting status after this meeting:

-  Peter Borresen

-  Andrea Caccia

-  Ger Clancy


TC Vitality Check

The TC must next appoint or reappoint chair(s) in January 2023.

Next TC vitality check must be made in January 2025.


UBL 2.3


ISO submission


Editors and subcommittee chairs need to familiarize themselves with ISO/IEC Directives Part 2 in order to produce content that is compliant with ISO requirements:



ISO requirements being discussed here: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-240


UBL 2.3 Candidate OASIS Standard


UBL 2.3 CS02 has been published:

-  https://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs02-UBL-2.3/UBL-2.3.html

-  Main UBL 2.3 subdirectory:

o https://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs02-UBL-2.3/


A Call for Consent for approving UBL 2.3 as an OASIS Standard is open until June 15: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3626




Gathering of requirements


ICT Standardization supporting Circular Economy in the European Union, investigate if there are gaps between UBL and ongoing efforts:

-  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202101/msg00023.html

-  https://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/documents/44089?locale=en

Are there similar initiatives in other regions?

Proposed to track and develop this item under the post-award SC. Should we create a Product Master Data SC to develop this work? The Product Master Data SC could also maintain other work products, such as the Product Passport.


JSON specification


Based on a discussion among interested members, Ken has drafted a proposal for a new text with three JSON modes, legacy-mode, schema-mode and instance-mode: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202103/msg00007.html


Agreed to submit the BDNDRs for a new public review with the changes proposed by Ken. Will be done after 2.3 is finalized.


JIRA tickets


-  Adding DueDate in Reminder: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-196

-  Need for two extra document types for information diffusion: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-232

-  Cardinality of CallForTendersDocumentReference in CatalogueLine and TenderLine: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-300

-  New document Business Registration Information Notification: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-326


Any new requirements for UBL 2.4?


UBL Payments and Finance Subcommittee (PayFin)


Anything to report?


UBL Post-award


From https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-182 (TaxInclusiveLineExtensionAmount ticket): should we add tax inclusive amounts to other ABIEs, such as TaxSubtotal, TaxTotal, AllowanceCharge, etc.? See also https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-217 and https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-218. Kees will open a new ticket to track this.


Anything to report?


UBL Pre-award


Anything to report?


UBL Transportation Subcommittee (TSC)


New requirements from mapping to UN/CEFACT eCMR and from CEN TC 440. Peter will open JIRA tickets.


Anything to report?


UBL Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee (NDRSC)


Anything to report?


Organisation Master Data Subcommittee


Anything to report?


TC Liaisons


ISO TC 204/WG7


Agreed at the September 11, 2019 TC conference call to seek a formal liaison with ISO TC 204/WG7 specifically for collaborating on the new ISO 24533 specification.


We need to appoint a liaison, preferably someone who is a member of both groups. See also: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#liaisons


Agreed to stop trailing this as we haven’t been able to identify a liaison officer. Kenneth will contact TC204/WG7.


CEN TC 434


Agreed at the Copenhagen face-to-face meeting that the UBL TC is open to establish a formal liaison with CEN TC 434 to create a European or international standard for electronic invoicing, if there is an interest from the CEN TC.


CEN informs that a liaison cannot be established at TC level. OASIS is contacting CEN to set up a TC liaison.




Decision to appoint Andrea as liaison representative between ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 and the TC recorded here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202007/msg00014.html


Next SC 32 meeting will be held June 14 (plenary) and June 18 (closing). OASIS has responded and is following up with the SC 32 secretariat.


GitHub instance for UBL 2.4 work


Work on UBL 2.4 will be done in the existing “ubl” GitHub instance. Members interested in working on branches, please send Ken your GitHub account name and associated email address. At least every subcommittee chair should be a maintainer.


Subcommittee conference calls


-  Organisational Master Data SC will be meeting biweekly on Wednesdays at 13:00 CET.

-  Other subcommittees will be meeting on an as-required basis




Should we have an online launch session for UBL 2.4? Items to be discussed: How can we improve usability and interoperability.


TC conference call schedule


Call schedule


Agreed to move the Pacific call to one hour later from April 6 when Australia goes back to standard time.


Agreed at the March 17 call to put conference calls on hold while in public review. Next scheduled meeting is April 20/April 21 (Pacific/Atlantic).


Any member of the TC may request that conference calls be resumed if for any reason we need to convene before



-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


TC calendar




iCal subscription link: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50


Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future? For privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.


Other business


As comes forward


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]