ubl message

Subject: BDNDR schema fragment reads version="2.1" not "1.1"

Fellow UBL TC members,

I found a non-material typographical error in one of the BDNDR schema fragments:

https://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/Business-Document-NDR/v1.1/csd04/xsd/BDNDR-UnqualifiedDataTypes-1.1.xsd

In the document element the version attribute reads:

  version="2.1"

... and it should read as the version of this schema fragment:

  version="1.1"

I see this as non-material based on an interpretation of the XSD Schema specification:

https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/#declare-schema
> The other attributes (id and version) are for user convenience,
> and this specification defines no semantics for them.

I believe we can repair this typo in the preparation of final artefacts as an editorial task without the need for public review or delays.

Because it is non-material, I do not believe we have to retrofit UBL 2.3 with this typo. UBL 2.4 will get the repaired BDNDR fragment going forward.

. . . . . Ken

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |