ubl message

Subject: Minutes of UBL TC strategy and planning session, 31 August 2022 14:00UTC

Minutes of UBL TC strategy and planning session, 31 August 2022 14:00UTC

Agenda:

- Release planning

- New formats and technologies

- New areas

The TC had a good and long talk about the future of the standard, especially around timing for future releases and around versioning/backwards compatibility. It was emphasized to focus on providing interoperability and to stay relevant also for current and future technological changes and requirements from our user community.

No major conclusions were reached and it was agreed to continue the discussion at our next scheduled Atlantic TC meeting on September 14 at 14:00UTC and to cancel the regular Pacific call that week.

Other business:

It was agreed that the changes currently planned for UBL 2.4 are maintenance changes that can be worked on remotely, and to therefore cancel this year’s face-to-face meeting. After the meeting closed, Ken and Erlend agreed to hold an optional technical face-to-face meeting October 4-6, 2022 in Oslo where team members can meet to work and collaborate on project tasks and tickets as desired.

Best regards,

Kenneth