uddi-comment message

Subject: Re: [uddi-comment] UML diagrams of UDDI schemas v2 and v3

Hi Claus,

I will provide a longer explanation later today or this weekend and will add
some additional diagrams for datatypes.  Until then, see the attached
"datatypes" diagram (in both svg and png formats, for convenience to others).
This is not a complete list of datatypes, but covers those you mentioned.  When
no namespace is provided on this diagram, it is the UDDI namespace (this
information is within the model definition).

As a general note, the UML _model_ reverse engineered from the schema has much
more information in it than the _diagram_, which presents one view of the
model.  I intentionally omitted some detail to avoid clutter, and other
metadata within the model is difficult to show in a diagram.  Other metadata,
such as the <<XSDattribute>> stereotype on class attributes is also omitted in
the businessEntity diagram, but is included in this datatypes diagram.

In the businessEntity diagram, note that an attribute, e.g. "description" had
the datatype, also called "description".  The attached diagram show expanded
detail of these datatype definitions, hopefully answering your questions.  I
will look for other ways to provide more of this information in the main
diagram.

As for catagoryBag, that class definition contains a property ("tagged value"
in UML spec terminology) which specified that:
    modelGroup=choice

Again, I will find a way to include this in the main diagram, but the detail is
included in the UML model.  This reverse engineered model can be saved to XMI
format and imported into other UML tools, such as Rational Rose or Gentleware
Poseidon (and many others, but these are the ones I test with).  The diagram I
provided where 100% automatic layout.  If you import this model into Rose or
Poseidon, you can customize diagram layout and presentation, to the extent it
is provided by those tools.

Best Regards,
  Dave Carlson