uddi-comment message

Subject: RE: [uddi-comment] tModel question

Paul,

One feature that was introduced in UDDI Version 3 is the ability to add a <categoryBag> to a <bindingTemplate> (see section 3.5.2 of the specification). This easily meets your requirement to categorize the deployment type of a Web service.
In UDDI Version 2, you can only categorize Web service types (<tModel>) programmatically. The <tModel> has a <categoryBag> since UDDI Version 1.

Best regards,
 Claus von Riegen, SAP AG

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sterk [mailto:paul.sterk@sun.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2002 19:07
To: uddi-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [uddi-comment] tModel question

Hi.

I have a question regarding tModels and WSDL files.

As you probably know, WSDL does not contain all the data in its standard
schema that you might want to include for describing a web service.  The
web service version number and the deployment type (development,
testing, production) are two examples that come to mind.

At this point, I could extend the WSDL schema by adding my own <version>
and <deploymentType> tags.  I have also heard that you can use something
called a "custom tModel" to include the data mentioned previously.

Are there any best practices in this area?  Does anyone have any
experience in attempting one of the other?

Thanks,
Paul

(If this kind of question would be better answered by a different list,
please let me know.)