uddi-comment message

Subject: [uddi-comment] registrar question

Anyone care to answer this question (how to become a registrar)?

-Karl

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Please, more information. No answer from ceo1@oasis-open.org
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:34:28 +0100
From: Emilio Rodríguez Vita <vita@donde.es>
To: <karl.best@oasis-open.org>

Dear Karl,

First of all, congratulations for your iniciative.

We have a question about one of your FAQs:

Q: My company provides an online marketplace, and I already have 1,500
suppliers registered. How do I get these suppliers registered on UDDI?
A: One way to help your marketplace suppliers is to register all of the
unique services and service types used within your marketplace and then
provide these specifications to your suppliers. You might consider becoming
a registrar. As a registrar, you can contact your suppliers and offer to
sign them up based on the data you have already gathered. If they agree, you
can register the data on their behalf - as long as you supply the supplier
with the passwords to control their own data afterwards. Many companies are
starting to deal with more than one marketplace, so it is important for the
individual supplier to be in control of what goes into its record in the
UDDI Business Registry. You might also consider contacting one of the UDDI
operators to develop a more efficient way of registering a large set of data
together.

"You might consider becoming a registrar": How can We become a registrar?,
What is the condition?, Could you send us more information about this? Is it
possible to insert the registration forms in our site?

Thank you very much.

Faithfully,

Emilio Rodríguez Vita
     vita@donde.es