uddi-dev message

http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl

 Farrukh Najmi <farrukh.najmi@sun.com> wrote:

Pranav Parekh wrote:

> Folks,
>
> For UDDI Version 3, the UDDI specs. provides the hierarchical value
> set for the uddi:uddi.org:categorization:types TModel. However, I was
> unable to find any details in the spec. as to how this value set
> itself is represented. Additionally, I was unable to find any APIs
> relevant to the retrieval or management of this hierarchical value set
> (or any other hierarchical value set for some other categorization
> scheme). The only API relevant to value sets is the
> get_allValidValues but using that API how would information regarding
> a hierarchical value set be retrieved?

> Best Regards,
> - Pranav J. Parekh

Pranav,

The JAXR API [1] provides the ability to manage and use hierarchical
value sets as a JAXR ClassificationScheme (value set) which contains
JAXR Concepts (value). You get full ability to add user-defined custom
taxonomies, taxonomy browsing and validation of taxonomy usage. This
feature is available as a value-added feature for a JAXR provider for UDDI.

The JAXR provider for UDDI offers several value-added features beyond
basic UDDI capabilities including automatic validation of URLs in
submitted data.

To get a free implementation of a JAXR provider for UDDI, you may
download the Java Web Services Developer Pack [2] to get the latest JAXR
Reference Implementation (JAXR RI).

Finally, the JAXR API also provides many additional capabilities in a
JAXR provider for ebXML Registry available royalty free at [3].

[1] Java API for XML Registries

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=93

[2] JAXR RI and Java WSDP

http://java.sun.com/webservices/webservicespack.html

[3] Open Source JAXR Provider for ebXML Registry

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net

--
Regards,
Farrukh