uddi-dev message

Subject: Re: [uddi-dev] Multiple access points II

Claus,

Thanks for your response.  To conclude then, a UDDI businessService can be composed of 1 or more service endpoint URLs.  So, when doing programmatic searches against the Registry, you will first have to find the businessService and then find the bindingTemplate that points to the particular service
endpoint through a tModel.

The next conclusion is that it is a design decision whether or not each businessService implements just one WSDL spec and has just one service end-point.  It can definately have more than one bindingTemplate for indicating other tech specs and classifications. I just think this is more intuitive for
businessService to have one service end-point URL.

To use the example below, I think it is more intuitive for the user to see two businessService entries, one for BOM Explode and one for BOM Implode since each has a different service contract (WSDL) and service end-point URL.

businessService     Binding Template
BOM Implode      Service end-point -> http://hostname1/BOMI
                             tModel                 -> bomi.wsdl

BOM Explode      Service end-point  -> http://hostname2/BOME