uddi-dev message

Subject: RE: [uddi-dev] List of all WS

Roger and Jaime,

If you intend to use the UDDI Version 2 API to list of all Web services in the UDDI Business Registry for any specific reason, you need to consider that the names are not all entered in US-ASCII.  It is necessary to iterate through the Unicode double byte character set (up to Unicode Version 3.0) supported by UDDI to be sure that you've found all of the services or businesses.  This means that to be certain of having all of the businesses, it is necessary to issue a query for names starting with  each character in the Universal Character Set (jointly defined by ISO10646 and Unicode) that is valid in XML from the Unicode character charts from 0x0000 through 0xFFFF (see http://www.unicode.org/charts/ keeping in mind that these are Unicode 4 and include characters wider than 2 bytes that are not valid for UDDI).

While it has been interesting for some research projects to issue this many queries, most use cases for using a UDDI registry are solved more efficiently using a much more restrictive query to start with.

As Tom mentioned, any use case involving pseudo-cursoring through a large result set is not easily achieved unless you use the UDDI Version 3 inquiry API.

Andrew Hately
IBM Austin
UDDI Development, Emerging Technologies

"Jaime Tarquino B." <jtarquino@tutopia.com>

12/08/2003 12:13 PM

"'Roger Smith'" <rog_21@yahoo.com>
cc
<uddi-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [uddi-dev] List of all WS

Sorry the paper is a magister thesis and I don't have a english version
but you can use a traductor software please review the chapter "pruebas"
(tests) and the chapter conclusiones.

Yes I did that but I query for the business not the services, each
service have a business (is the UDDI structure), and are less business
that services UDDI is a tree Business Services etc...

I query for all the business using the alpabhet (I don't use letters I
use ascii to obtain other business that not began with letters for
example # or $ or _)

I save all the business and afeter I use every business entity key to
query for its services.