uddi-dev message

Subject: RE: [uddi-dev] Is "Schema Centric XML Canonicalization" implementatino available?

Happy New Year, the list, and thank you for your reply, Mr. Cl¨¦ment:

> The SCC14N spec is by no means being thrown away given that
> it is the only reasonable means by which to perform DSig in a
> schema non-agnostic manner. You may have heard that the UBR
> operators (amongst others undoubtedly) are in the midst of
> implementing version 3 of the UDDI spec
> (http://xml.coverpages.org/UDDIv3BetaNodes.html) which will
> include support for DSig. A requisite to this is SCC14N; and
> thus part of the work is to implement and test SCC14N in the
> context of DSig support.

As you said, I know about the UBR V3 beta version and think its DSig support
is a big step for UDDI. And I understand that UDDI committie did not thrown
away SCC14N :-)

But, still I have had a question on implementation of SCC14N.

* My understanding is that, as of today, we have no concrete implementations
of SCC14N (And UBR V3 will be the first implementation of it), test data
and/or its related efforts. Is it correct?

And now, I have a few more questions:-)

* Are there any DSig-supported client implementations? I think it is
important that widely-used UDDI Client (UDDI4J) will support DSig. And if
they support DSig, the next thing to do is interoperability testing...

* What does "UBR implements SCC14N (in the context of DSig)" mean? Does it
mean that UBR contains any code which actually DOES SCC14N algorithms
through DSig generation? The UBR V3 DSig-support contains server-side
signature generation?ˇˇ(I've thought that DSig is appended client side
basically...)

Thanks in advance.

-- Nobuyuki Tomizawa