uddi-ms message

Subject: RE: [uddi-ms] UDDI Member Section Annual Election - Nominations f or theMember Section Steering Committee about to close

Greetings, and thanks to Vicki for forwarding her nomination to the Steering Committee. Again, another very well-qualified candidate. With Vicki, we now have 4 candidates running for the 5 Steering Committee seats. As the extended nomination period closed as of last Friday, we do not have enough candidates to fill the SC as it is currently constituted. However, we do have the option of reducing the size of the SC to 3, and holding our election to elect 3 of the 4 candidates. I will be working with the exisiting SC this week to determine our next action. Comments?

Regards, George

Chair, OASIS UDDI Member Section Steering Committee
Managing Director, UDDI Operators Council
Web Services Strategy, IBM Software Group
1-408-463-4041 or 543-4041, FAX 3319
zagelow@us.ibm.com

---------------------- Forwarded by George Zagelow/Santa Teresa/IBM on 08/02/2004 07:33 AM ---------------------------

SAP nominates Vicki Shipkowitz to the Member Section of UDDI. Vicki currently works within SAP's Technology Standards Organization as the Director of Business Strategy. Within her role, she actively participates in the governance and marketing activities of organizations such as the Java Community Process, the Eclipse Foundation, and the Java Tools Community.  Within SAP, Vicki drives the process for evaluation and integration of Java and Web services standards into SAP's product portfolio, and directs related messaging and marketing activities as liaison to the corporate organizations of product definition and product marketing. Prior to joining SAP, Vicki worked for many years within Sun Microsystems's Java Software organization. She was a member of the team that created the formalized Java Community Process. She also worked as one of the original Java product managers managing families of APIs for extending the Java platform with media capability, and for use within the embedded/wireless domain through EmbeddedJava, Real-time Java, and EmbeddedJava tools.

SAP is extremely committed to UDDI and looks forward to participating in marketing activities that will drive its positioning and proliferation within the Web services market.

Greetings. The July 31st deadline for nominations is almost upon us, with two nominees standing for election. We need at least one, and preferably 3, more nominees in order to continue the Member Section. Please consider urgently forwarding your nominations by 11 PM EDT on the 31st. Thanks much.

Regards, George

Chair, OASIS UDDI Member Section Steering Committee
Managing Director, UDDI Operators Council
Web Services Strategy, IBM Software Group
1-408-463-4041 or 543-4041, FAX 3319
zagelow@us.ibm.com

---------------------- Forwarded by George Zagelow/Santa Teresa/IBM on 07/27/2004 01:12 PM ---------------------------

Greetings. The June 30th deadline for nominations has passed, with only one nominee standing for election. The current Steering Committee is extending the nomination period through the end of July. If we do not get enough nominees to form a viable Steering Committee, we will consider other alternatives, one of which is to close the Member Section. That will mean passing stewardship of uddi.org to the UDDI Specification TC, as well as the various promotional activities the Steering Committee supports. We will also lose the promotional budget controlled by the Member Section. At a time when interest in UDDI is rapidly increasing, the current SC members believe it is in the best interest of UDDI and the Specification TC to keep the Member Section in place. If you agree, please consider submission of a nomination. Thanks much.

---------------------- Forwarded by George Zagelow/Santa Teresa/IBM on 06/29/2004 02:19 PM ---------------------------