uddi-spec-comment message

Subject: [uddi-spec-comment] RE: [ebxml-dev] UDDI vs ebXML RIM/RSS andconvergence..

Joseph,

Thank you for your comments - particularly the information on UDDI v3.0
capabilities (I clearly need to read more on UDDI v3.0).

I'd say that the analogy is less like the car and more like the basic
user interface of the car - they all have a steering wheel, gearshift,
brake & accelerator.  I suspect a joystick driven car might not be very
successful in the marketplace - no matter how much fun to drive...

It seems to me that there is not much impetus to merge these
specifications.  I guess we can live with that if interoperability
between registries is addressed.  The replication & federation models of
UDDI and ebXML RIM/RSS is one area that could usefully be the focus of
some work aimed at providing interoperability.

If UDDI and ebXML can't exchange data & support federated queries then
the analogy would be like having an internet with two incompatible DNS
systems - one is almost bound to fail.

Regards,

Steve Capell
RedWahoo