uddi-spec-comment message

Subject: [uddi-spec-comment] Re: [ebxml-dev] UDDI vs ebXML RIM/RSS andconvergence..

A correction, if I may please: The statement below was attributed to me,
but it was actually from the original poster:

> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't it then be a no-brainer for OASIS to announce "WS-Reg" v1.0
> >which would essentially be an ebXML RIM/RSS v3.0 with a fully compliant
> >UDDI v3.0 "embedded"?

This should have said "Capell Steve wrote" instead of "Chiusano Joseph
wrote".  I actually responded to the above question.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano

Matthew MacKenzie wrote:

> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't it then be a no-brainer for OASIS to announce "WS-Reg" v1.0
> >which would essentially be an ebXML RIM/RSS v3.0 with a fully compliant
> >UDDI v3.0 "embedded"?
> >

> You can get together 3 OASIS members and start WS-Registry if you are so
> inclined.  It's not up to OASIS, rather its members.  I wouldn't expect
> it to have much support among those of us who have done extensive work
> being ebReg to the table, but you could try.  I won't argue the value of
> being trendy (e.g. renaming everything to WS-*)...I just don't feel like
> working in yet-another-tc, and maintaining yet another specification.
>
> If anything should be WS-Registry, its UDDI, because that is all UDDI
> really is -- a Web Services Registry.  The WS juggernaut (read: MSFT and
> followers on) is very unlikely to acknowledge this fact and make/accept
> any statement which in anyway deprecated work done on UDDI in favour of
> ebReg.  I think the "merge" idea just won't work, the best we can do is
> to keep coming up with ways to offer UDDI-ish capabilities to ebReg
> users and try to co-operate as much as possible with useful UDDI concepts.
>
> If you're interested, take a look at JAXR.  It is more or less a proof
> of the statement that UDDI features can be represented in the ebXML data
> model.
>
> -Matt
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano