uddi-spec-comment message

Subject: RE: [uddi-spec-comment] Public Comment

Hi Karthick,

It is possible to define a hierarchy of categories for a user-defined
taxonomy, kindly check section F.2 Grouping Categories in the UDDI v3.0.2
specification which talks about how categories are represented within a
keyedReferenceGroup.

keyedReferenceGroup provides a logical grouping for the keyedReferences
defined within them.

The tModelKey within a keyedReference uniquely identifies the taxonomy.

The keyName within a keyedReference uniquely identifies the category name.

The keyValue within a keyedReference uniquely identifies the category value.

So as for as inquiry is concerned the current representation works fine.

But there is no standard representation for defining taxonomy with a
hierarchy of categories currently in the specification. But each registry
vendor provides a custom mechanism to populate user defined taxonomies with
a hierarchy of categories. We don't think there is a necessity to modify the
schema for keyedReferences as this is applicable only for inquiry and is not
relevant during taxonomy creation.

Hope it's clear.

Thanks,

- Rajesh Koilpillai