Claus,

Regarding the specific changes to the specification noted in sections 3.1
and 3.2 of CR012, both changes should be qualified as optional behavior by
using the word MAY instead of WILL.  I don't think we want to force
implementations to utilize the suggested simplification, just allow them to
do so.

- Tom Bellwood