Subject: [uddi-spec] RE: [uddi-spec-comment] W3C XML Schema for XTM DTD (Neededfor UDDI efforts?)

I strongly support the views represented in the last two paragraphs of
Matthew's message.  It appears that there is currently no particular
clearly superior method of representing or communicating taxonomies, so
we should strive to support whichever ones UDDI users might find
acceptable and let them "compete" for their users in an open "market"
environment.  It may very well be that some standards are more adopted
than others in certain industries or in certain types of applications.
Following Matthew's thinking on the matter we would enable users to
leverage (re-purpose) existing and future information systems as value
set providers for UDDI registries.  When and if some standard emerges as
a clear and universal winner, we would then be in a position to accept
it as a favored solution.

Daniel