Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] Updated Agenda for 2/11-12 FTF - taxonomies

Sorry guys, I don't think I will attend this FTF, unless someone will
sponsor the trip. It's quite a way off from The Middle Earth (aka New
Zealand). ;)

We haven't progressed far with Mathew in regards of other standards suitable
for use as taxonomy descriptions. I'll present on this more in the next
couple of days.
To inform you briefly I can say that Topic Maps are not very suitable at the
moment, unless we work with their TC to get what we need from them and Web
Ontology Language (W3C OWL) is in a requirements stage. Can anyone suggest
any other standard or initiative that is worth looking at?

On the other hand the situation is ridiculous. There are two customers (both
are governments, not just government agencies - federal level) who need a
registry of their information artifacts and I'd prefer to use UDDI for them
rather than ebXML Reg/Rep, but I can't !!! They want it now. Well, within a
few months.

We can easily convert UDDI from a web-service registry to a universal
registry of information artifacts and meet the strong demand in a universal
registry from enterprises . Everything is there, but the taxonomies.

THE QUESTION I'D LIKE TO ASK IF THE TC WANT TO KEEP UDDI AS A WEB-SERVICE
REGISTRY ONLY OR WIDEN UDDI APPLICATION AND USE IT AS A UNIVERSAL REGISTRY
OF INFORMATION ARTIFACTS AT THE ENTERPRISE OR GLOBAL LEVEL.

Please, express your opinions thru the mailing list or in private.

Cheers,
Max