Subject: [uddi-spec] Closure on AR 005

Title: Closure on AR 005

John Colgrave and I last week went through the remaining issues w.r.t. import of XML schema documents in WSDL and agreed to the following:

1) The UDDI Version 2 WSDL files are updated so that they conform to the WS-I Basic Profile requirements for WSDL 1.1. In particular, this means that XML schema import is done by using the xsd:import feature rather than the wsdl:import feature.

In detail, this is done by replacing

        <import namespace="urn:uddi-org:api_v2" location="http://www.uddi.org/schema/uddi_v2.xsd"/>

with

        <types>
                <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:uddi-org:publication_v2" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
                        <xsd:import namespace="urn:uddi-org:api_v2" schemaLocation="http://www.uddi.org/schema/uddi_v2.xsd"/>

                </xsd:schema>
        </types>

(taking the V2 Publication WSDL file as an example - the same is applied to the V2 Inquiry WSDL file). Note that the xsd:schema definition uses the WSDL document's targetNamespace but actually does not define any schema constructs in this namespace. All it does is to import the UDDI V2 API schema and tie it to the "urn:uddi-org:api_v2" namespace that is defined at the wsdl:definitions level.

You can find the updated WSDL files attached.

2) We'd like these updated files to be accepted by the TC and propose to include them in the first UDDI Version 2 Errata after Version 2 (including the current WSDL files) becomes an OASIS Standard. We also propose to wait until the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 is publicly published as a final specification. After accepting the Version 2 errata, the WSDL files at http://www.uddi.org/wsdl/inquire_v2.wsdl and http://www.uddi.org/wsdl/publish_v2.wsdl should also be replaced by the new files so that the corresponding tModels point to the updated versions.

3) I will send a request for clarification to the WS-I Basic Profile Working Group in order to let the Basic Profile authors add clarifying text and to remove several inconsistencies in some of the examples.

Thanks,
 Claus

<<publish_v2_bp.wsdl>> <<inquire_v2_bp.wsdl>>

publish_v2_bp.wsdl

inquire_v2_bp.wsdl