Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] TN idea: link tags for UDDI

WSIL has several pieces.

WSIL documents are separate XML files, which can be static or dynamically
generated.

Within a WSIL file, the location attribute in the wsiluddi binding is the
URI of the UDDI SOAP inquiry API.  So if you get the WSIL file, you can
figure out to access the UDDI server.  A WSIL file can be in a well-known
path relative to the root of the web server (i.e., /inspection.wsil [1]).

The WSIL spec also discusses how to use META tags within a home page to
point to a WSIL file.

e.g., <META name="serviceInspection"
content="http://www.example.com/calculators.wsil"> [2]

I proposed using <link> tags to point directly at the UDDI info rather than
pointing to a WSIL file.  It saves the round trip of retrieving the WSIL file.

Its rather simple to support both the <link> tags I propose and WSIL.

[1]
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsilspec.html#subhead6.1
[2]
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsilspec.html#minorhead6.2.1