Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] Reformatted HTML version of the v3 Spec for review

Title: Reformatted HTML version of the v3 Spec for review
Luc,

It looks nice in IE6.
Has anyone tried to view the page on a slow modem connection?
I'm on a broadband and it's all fine, but remembering the old good dial-up days I think the page is too big. Would it be a good idea to split it in several pages?

Cheers,
Max

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 1:31 AM

I've received feedback related to the poor shape of formatting of the v3 spec's HTML. It displays poorly with Netscape 7 and other browsers.

Given our upcoming v3 errata, I reformatted the spec to conform to the OASIS template so as to allow our work to be based on this version of the document rather than the current UDDI Working Group's formatted document. This update included a revised cover page; adding Appendix M for Copyrights and Notices; and updating the TOC accordingly. No other changes were made. In the process of reformatting, I produced what seems to be a much better HTML version of the v3 spec.

I've posted an HTML version of the reformatted spec at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/draft/v3/uddi-v3.00-published-20020719.htm ("lastest version" copy also posted at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/draft/v3/uddi_v3.htm). My goal is two-fold:

    A. I'd like to have TC members (preferably those that use browsers other than IE) report back on the quality of the HTML version posted; internal testing indicates a marked improvement over what is currently posted at http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi-v3.00-published-20020719.htm

    B. depending on the feedback received I'd like to solicit the TC's support to replace the current version posted on UDDI.org with this latest version of the doc.

Please post your findings and comments. I will add this matter to next week's telecon agenda.

Luc

Luc Clément
Microsoft
Co-chair, OASIS UDDI Spec TC