Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] UDDI TC FTF in JULY now confirmed

Well, I would not propose to have the FTF in Moscow at the risk of
subjecting TC members to inhumane conditions.  While good service in Russia
is not the commodity it is in certain parts of the world and therefore it
generally comes at a cost, it would be unfair to the customs and immigration
authorities to dehumanize them.  Granted they could smile more, but that may
be too much to ask of people who believe the way they do their job is the
norm.  Apparently it's a cultural thing; btw, my experience in Helsinki was
certainly no better, other places in Europe come to mind as well, so I
wouldn't point out anything extraordinary about the way public services work
in Russia.

Waiting time depends on how many flights landed around the time your flight
did.  Same thing happens at JFK or IAD and probably elsewhere.  Recently
they've gotten better at managing that at SVO, dynamically adding "passport
control" (that's what their signs read) personnel as lines grow longer.
They are limited in their maximum capacity though - airport facilities
clearly cannot scale to present requirements.

DME is supposed to be the outlet for future growth in Moscow-area air
traffic, while another SVO terminal is being constructed.  I can't comment
on the 'conditions' there just yet, because I never arrived there, but I
will go through it on my way to Moscow on May 12.  I would advise though
that you follow your preferred airline to whichever airport it uses, rather
than the other way around.

Daniel