Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] TN idea: Searching UBR for UDDI servers

At 06:07 PM 2003-05-10, Matthew J. Dovey wrote:
>Paul,
>
>In the Requirements list for V4 there is an entry:
>
>RQ 021          Federation Enablement (representation of one registry
>within another to simplify/aid federation)
>
>Is this tackling the case you mention here?
>
>Matthew

Sounds right, but I want to do it with the current generation of v2 UDDI
registries.

There is probably things to formalize for federation in v4, but if I simply
have a number of v2 registries, I want to register one in another in
consistent way using the available v2 tModelBag mechanisms.

For now, let the apps using UDDI worry about whether they search one UDDI
registry or as many UDDI registries as it can discover.

Paul