Subject: Comments on 3.0.1 Schemas and WSDL

I have some comments on the Schema and WSDL files for 3.0.1.

1 uddi_v3.xsd

1.1 How can the value of the scc14n:caseMapKind be validated without an
indication of where to locate the SCC14N schema?  Does it matter if it is
validated or not?  I think we should add the xsi:schemaLocation attribute to
the schema element, assuming that is valid for the definition of a schema.
I don't think it would be correct to import the SCC14N namespace as we are
not "exporting" anything that requires it, we are only using it within the
definition of our schema.

1.2 The type attribute has been removed from the nodeID element in the
operationalInfo type so shouldn't that now be an element reference, i.e.
<xsd:element ref="uddi:nodeID" minOccurs="0"/>?

1.3 Similarly, the global element/type authorizedName has been added so
shouldn't the authorizedName element in operationalInfo be an element
reference?

2 uddi_v3subscription.xsd

2.1 This schema has attributeFormDefault="qualified" which is unusual.  Is
this intentional?  There is at least one local attribute defined so the
value of attributeFormDefault is significant.  I would suggest removing both
elementFormDefault and attributeFormDefault unless the value that is not the
default value is required.

3 uddi_v3subscriptionListener.xsd

3.1 This schema also has attributeFormDeault="qualified" but in this case it
is irrelevant as there are no attributes defined.  We should still be
consistent however.

4 uddi_v3valueset.xsd

4.1 Same as 3.1.

5 uddi_v3valuesetcaching.xsd

5.1 Same as 2.1.

6 uddi_api_v3_portType.wsdl

6.1  Why have we switched to using an absolute URL for schemaLocation in the
import of uddi_v3.xsd, and in general in the import of all of the schema
files in the portType WSDL descriptions?  We decided explicitly to use
relative URLs when we did the original V3 WSDL.  We use relative URLs within
the schemas, and also within the WSDL descriptions, it is only when
importing schemas into portTypes that we have switched to absolute URLs.

6.2 If we are going to keep the absolute URL then shouldn't we use
http://uddi.org rather than http://www.uddi.org?

7 uddi_custody_v3_portType.wsdl

7.1 The output message of get_transferToken has been changed from
transferTokenMessage to dispositionReportMessage yet section 5.4.5 of the
3.0.1 spec. still describes get_transferToken as returning a transferToken.
Which is correct?

John Colgrave
IBM