Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Changes to 3.0.1 schemas

Are there any dissenting views?  If not, I will remove the generic attribute from uddi_v3valuesetcaching.xsd and remove the attributeFormDefault attribute from both schemas.

John Colgrave

IBM

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hately [mailto:hately@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 02 October 2003 15:28
To: John Colgrave
Cc: 'UDDI Spec TC'

John,

I believe that the attributeFormDefault of qualified in those schemas was unintentional.

Also, by chance, you chose to use the generic attribute as an example which should not exist on APIs anymore... the value set caching schema in this case is not in sync. with Section 5.6.3 of the specification.

I think the attributeFormDefault should be unqualified.

I think we should also remove the generic attribute from the value set caching schema.

Andrew Hately
IBM Austin
UDDI Development, Emerging Technologies

"John Colgrave" <colgrave@hursley.ibm.com>

10/02/2003 05:16 AM

"'UDDI Spec TC'" <uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

[uddi-spec] Changes to 3.0.1 schemas

I have made the changes discussed in the last call and documented in the
minutes, including removing the use of attributeFormDefault and
elementFormDefault where they are unnecessary or explicitly set to the
default value of unqualified.

However, the questions I raised have not been answered.

There are three local attributes defined, two in uddi_v3subscription.xsd
(someResultsUnavailable in subscriptionResultsList and brief in
subscription) and one in uddi_v3valuesetcaching.xsd (generic in
get_allValidValues), which, with the schemas as originally written, have to
be qualified.  I asked if this was intentional but I have not received an
answer.  I will leave the schemas as they currently are as these schemas
explicitly specify a value for attributeFormDefault that is not the default,
but I just wanted to highlight these attributes again in case this is not
the desired behavior.

To take the example from uddi_v3valuesetcaching.xsd, the current behavior is
that a call to get_allValidValues would have to look something like

<get_allValidValues uddi_vscache:generic="3.0.1".../>

rather than the usual

<get_allValidValues generic="3.0.1".../>

Is this what is desired for these three attributes?

John Colgrave
IBM