Subject: Re: New RDDL draft

At 03:25 PM 2003-09-15, Tim Bray wrote:

>In connection with my action on namespaceDocument-8, I have published a
>new draft of RDDL at http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl4.html - the only change
>is the insertion of a "Status of this Document" section which says that
>the TAG has thought about this and thinks that RDDL is a suitable format
>(note *A* suitable format) for namespace documents.
>
>My action item is half-done, I need to do the following:
>
>- add a "hello world" example near the top of the doc
>- produce a normative transformation into RDF, probably XSLT
>--
>Cheers, Tim Bray
>         (ongoing fragmented essay: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)

To facilitate searching UDDI registries for RDDL documents, I created a
"taxonomy" tModel [1] in the public UDDI Business Registry (UBR).  It is
"unchecked" meaning the the UBR will not check the value  of the keyValue
attribute when people publish to UBR.  (Private UDDI registries could make
it a checked taxonomy so the registry would not allow invalid keyValues).

The intent is to allow only one valid value:  keyValue="rddlSpec".

It is to be used like keyValue="wsdlSpec" in UDDI, which in accordance with
UDDI best practices [2], is used to help discover WSDL files.

An example [3], is a tModel that points to a RDDL document in the
overviewURL.  It contains a categoryBag that uses [1].

I can then discover RDDL files (which have been registered in the UDDI
registry) using

<find_tModel xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"  generic="2.0">
         <categoryBag>
                 <keyedReference
tModelKey="UUID:49BE0F40-E9F9-11D7-B602-000629DC0A53" keyValue="rddlSpec"/>
         </categoryBag>
</find_tModel>

[1]
http://uddi.ibm.com/ubr/uddiget?tModelKey=UUID%3A49BE0F40-E9F9-11D7-B602-000629DC0A53