Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] RDDL overviewURL

At 09:21 AM 2003-10-25, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
>Paul,
>
>Have you considered defining two additional tModels for rddl:nature and
>rddl:purpose? I think it would be useful to be able to specify these
>properties directly within a tModel rather than pointing to an external
>RDDL document.
>
>Anne

Done. rddl:nature Taxonomy [1] and rddl:purpose Taxonomy [2].

[1]
http://uddi.ibm.com/ubr/uddiget?tModelKey=UUID:4A3ADFE0-0883-11D8-B704-000629DC0A53
[2]
http://uddi.ibm.com/ubr/uddiget?tModelKey=UUID:7D6EC8E0-0883-11D8-B704-000629DC0A53

So, if you used
<keyedReference tModelKey="UUID:4A3ADFE0-0883-11D8-B704-000629DC0A53"
keyValue=<foo> />

for example in the categoryBag of a tModel, you are saying that this tModel
refers to a technical concept that "is-a" <foo>.

You can follow the overviewURL to find out more about this
rddl:nature.  (If the document at the end of the overviewURL is RDDL, then
the categoryBag should also have keyValue="rddlSpec" using RDDL taxonomy [3]).

Its does not tell you what format to expect if you try to retrieve the
overviewURL.

The RDDL taxonomy [3] was intended to say something about the overviewURL.
If keyValue="rddlSpec", then overviewURL is a RDDL document.
If keyValue="rddlPurpose" or "rddlNature", then overviewURL is the URI for
the purpose or nature, respectively.

[3]
http://uddi.ibm.com/ubr/uddiget?tModelKey=UUID:49BE0F40-E9F9-11D7-B602-000629DC0A53

Paul