Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Elements of a "Semantic UDDI" Solution

The fact that both service requesters and service providers might refer to multiple ontologies makes me wonder how much reasoning can be done across ontologies. I imagine some ontologies are so far apart (e.g. describing completely separate vertical industries) that reasoning across them would not make much sense. Other ontologies might be closer to each other, and including them in the same reasoning process could make more sense.

Does anybody know what is the current state of the art in cross-ontologies reasoning?

I think the resolution of this issue will affect what types of ontology-related queries we will allow and how we perform them. For instance, given an ontology-based query submitted by a service requester, we might need to screen the totality of ontologies referenced by a UDDI repository and identify only those service providers which refer to ontologies that are compatible with the service requester's ontologies.

Ugo

/leave_workgroup.php.