Subject: request for item on agenda at next FTF

We would like to propose that a technical note be created for how to store web services management information in UDDI. Specifically we think that common quality of service metrics such as average performance, reliability, throughput and availability should be easily available in consistent locations in enterprise registries of web services. We believe that this has great value for customers in providing predictable places to store and search for such information to supplement the information about specific physical implementations of web services, beyond what is natively available on bindingTemplates.  We also believe that having such standard ways of accessing this information enhances the value of web services management solutions for customers as there becomes a wider use of the QoS information beyond just the management tool software itself. This includes the ability for developers to use this information in search and browsing for appropriate web service instances to use in a given situation.

We would like to involve as many web services management vendors in drafting a recommendation on how and where to store such information. We have posted a rough draft proposal for one possible method of doing such storage (and several other alternatives are presented therein).

We are interested in discussing this at the February 10-12 Face to Face in San Francisco. It would be great if we could somehow get on the agenda for this meeting.    Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Regards,

- Adam Blum, CTO, Systinet
- Fred Carter, architect, Amberpoint