Subject: Ontology management systems and APIs

Here are a few hits from Google for ontology management systems and APIs:
1 http://kaon.semanticweb.org/ - this provides an RDF API and they are
working on an OWL API (http://sourceforge.net/projects/owlapi)
2 http://exteca.sourceforge.net/platform/ - this uses a proprietary language
3 http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/snobase - this supports OWL and other
languages

I think that we need to be very clear that we would be adding some value
before we consider providing a UDDI-specific ontology management system and
API, at least if we support a standard language such as OWL.

It may be better to steer clear of this part of the puzzle until a standard
emerges, or just say that UDDI is agnostic with regard to ontology
management.

John Colgrave
IBM