Subject: Rental Vehicles in NZ

Hi all,

If you arrive in Wellington and wish to rent a car you may use this URL

http://www.yellowpages.co.nz/quick/search?cat=1394&stype=standard&view=loc&page=search&loc=124

Most of the companies have a free airport pickup service or keep their cars
right at the airport. Otherwise it takes ~ 20 mins to get to any of them.
Once you got a car you will need to remember that in NZ you drive on the
"other" side of the road. It may take you about 2hr to get to the location
for the first time. Normally it takes me about an hr. There will be a rather
narrow winding stretch of the highway (20km) to get over a ridge. Some
poeple find it hard if they are not used to driving in the mountains.

If you feel uncomfortable to drive in the city and on the highway straight
away you may catch a cab to the train station (10 mins), travel by train to
the nearest town (Featherston, 40 mins) and pick up a rental car there. Then
you drive from there for ~ 20 mins on a nice rural road to the actual
location. You still have to drive on the "other" side, but nothing will
happen if you forget which side is which - the road is always empty.
If you prefer this option, please, let me know and I will try to organise
the car at Featherston for you. It may not be easy, tho.

If you arrive in Auckland and decide to drive all the way to the location it
will be a breath-taking experience. Allow 8hrs for driving only.

For those who do not want a car at all, please, contact me and I'll try to
organise a pick up.

Cheers,
Max