Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] Errata for SCC14N

Bob,

I believe there may be another error in handling of xmlns:xml and xmlns:xmlns that would need to be corrected in SCC14N section 3.4.3.  This change would be in order to conform to the NameSpaces in XML errata:

http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-names-19990114-errata#NE05

Unless I've misread the SCC14N document, xmlns:xmlns and xmlns:xml would be normalized to ni (where i is the appropriate integer) followed by ="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" or -"http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" respectively.  I believe the result is a declaration that is in violation of the Namespaces in XML declaration that no other prefix be bound to those namespaces.  There are some parsers in existence that reject XML that does not conform to the above referenced errata.

Is there something I've missed, or do we need to correct this as well.

Andrew Hately
IBM Austin
UDDI Development, Emerging Technologies
Lotus Notes: Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Internet: hately@us.ibm.com
(512) 838-2866,  t/l 678-2866

"Bob Atkinson" <bobatk@exchange.microsoft.com>

02/24/2004 02:42 PM

<uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[uddi-spec] Errata for SCC14N

Folks,

A small bug in the Schema Centric Canonicalization algorithm (part of UDDI v3) specification has been discovered. In short, whitespace in element-only content wasn’t fully canonicalized. The fix is straightforward, but will require an errata / update to the spec. Attached please find a change request covering this problem.

Thanks.

                Bob Atkinson
                SCC14N is my fault (:-)To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/members/leave_workgroup.php.

uddi-spec-tc-cr062-element_only_whitespace-20040217.doc