Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] GRID standards

Matthew,

Correct.
I just wanted to make clear that in addition to the Grid requirements you are working on, the standardization of a general-purpose, Web services-based pub/sub mechanism represents a separate concern. As you say, there is no need to work on this now, but as soon as the OASIS WSN TC is established, we can have a closer look at their goals. Please note that UDDI is already listed as work relevant for the WSN TC (see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200403/msg00005.html).

Claus

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew J. Dovey [mailto:matthew.dovey@oucs.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: Montag, 22. März 2004 22:50
To: Von Riegen, Claus; uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org

Claus,

As you say "in the long run". There are, however, at present (to my
knowledge) there are about three "eventing" spec.s on the table

WS-Notification (primarily lead by IBM)
WS-Eventing (primarily lead by Microsoft)
WS-Events (primarily lead by HP)

Of which admittedly only the first has made it to an OASIS TC. So it is
unclear at the moment exactly what will emerge as the accepted standard
in this space, so I don't think we need to worry too much at this point
(6-12 months down the road, however, maybe...)

Matthew